Eagles Acrobatic Team Forlì Air Show

Aviation & Simulation Topics
maiochine

Eagles Acrobatic Team Forlì Air Show

Post by maiochine » Tue May 08, 2007 3:42 am

Hi guys !
We finaly made it after mounth and mounth of hard work .

The Air Dominators Italia's acrobatic team , known as Eagles Acrobatic Team, has performed successfuly their 1st air show infront of a live croud in Forlì's Flight Simulator Show 2007 !

Next air show is gonna be the VFAT air show and hoping to fly with you in the same blu pixle sky !

I would like to thank you for all the help you provided and leave you some photo memories for know:
Image]
Its A kind Of MAGIC
Burner
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Burner » Tue May 08, 2007 10:04 am

Congrats Bud, did you take any tracks or video of the event or performance? You guys in Europe seem to be the only ones still hosting Flight Sim Conventions- we're jealous.
[SH]Falcon

Post by [SH]Falcon » Tue May 08, 2007 10:09 am

Congrats to you guys for a successfuly show. 8)
maiochine

Post by maiochine » Tue May 08, 2007 1:54 pm

Burner wrote:Congrats Bud, did you take any tracks or video of the event or performance? You guys in Europe seem to be the only ones still hosting Flight Sim Conventions- we're jealous.
Thanks Burner ! as for the track we couldnt make one :cry: we were too stressed and people were waiting behind us for the show to begins !
actualy i didnt eat before the flight :wink: to avoid the stress sickness :P

Yeah here in Italy each year they make 2 Simulator Shows in Milan and Forlì , this year unfortunatly Milan did participate !

If you guys want to add us in your links you can have a direct link to our website it's : http://www.maiochine.com/Eagles%20Acrob ... 02007.html

Thanks again
Image]
Its A kind Of MAGIC
Atlas

Post by Atlas » Tue May 08, 2007 2:33 pm

Looks like a all had a great time and I am sure you put on a great performance. Looking forward to seeing you in the skies with you and VFAT.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed May 09, 2007 4:41 pm

maiochine,

Very cool pics! We'd definitely participate if we had something like that over in the US & A. :D

I'll add a link to your site this weekend. Once again, congrats on the accomplishment and keep up the good work! I have a feeling VFAT '07 is going to be as popular as ever. Whomever is planning to make an all-inclusive mod better start planning real soon (lots of teams using the Eagle flight model)...

BTW, nice shades too! 8)
maiochine

Post by maiochine » Wed May 09, 2007 5:23 pm

Lawndart wrote:maiochine,

Very cool pics! We'd definitely participate if we had something like that over in the US & A. :D

I'll add a link to your site this weekend. Once again, congrats on the accomplishment and keep up the good work! I have a feeling VFAT '07 is going to be as popular as ever. Whomever is planning to make an all-inclusive mod better start planning real soon (lots of teams using the Eagle flight model)...

BTW, nice shades too! 8)
Thanks Lawn ! The only thing is that the F-16 is realy to be adjusted to touch the ground !! all of simmers ask us how come its floating ! i would like to team up with you to make up a better model ! i use studio tools 11 for 3d !

Let me know !
Image]
Its A kind Of MAGIC
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed May 09, 2007 5:31 pm

Unless I'm missing something, even with a new model, the CG (center of gravity) or convergence point for all axes would remain the same, meaning that if you move the visible part of the model (which is possible), its center of rotation would not coincide with its CG anymore, resulting in some really undesired effects while flying.

Way I look at it, other people can complain about our 12 inches off the ground all day, as long as we don't give them any reason to complain about our 12" inches (of separation) in the air... ;) That's where it really counts, hence why the flight model and CG need to be correct!
maiochine

Post by maiochine » Thu May 10, 2007 10:43 am

Lawndart wrote:Unless I'm missing something, even with a new model, the CG (center of gravity) or convergence point for all axes would remain the same, meaning that if you move the visible part of the model (which is possible), its center of rotation would not coincide with its CG anymore, resulting in some really undesired effects while flying.

Way I look at it, other people can complain about our 12 inches off the ground all day, as long as we don't give them any reason to complain about our 12" inches (of separation) in the air... ;) That's where it really counts, hence why the flight model and CG need to be correct!
Lawn:
Thank you for the information ! i agree with you that the flying perfectly is much more intressting and important than the 12 inches above the ground ! But you see ...people who came to the airshow last time , first thing they asked me :" Why is it an F-15 cockpit?" "why does the aircrafts float above the ground? " Unfortunatly these details are too evident that people will make a bad idea about lock on ! since in such airshow every team tries to male of his simulator the best ever been ! Im talking about acrobatic team who flies using FSX or FS2004 Or Falcon 4 ! see what i mean ?

One last thing .... could you orient me please to know wich file should i modify to change the CG ? i would like to work on it maybe there's a way !

Please let me know
Image]
Its A kind Of MAGIC
Burner
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Burner » Thu May 10, 2007 11:34 am

Modifying the CG or any flight model characteristics is not possible in LOMAC. This is why we're locked into our model either floating or not corresponding to the F-15 CG location. The third possibility is to scale up the F-16 model to the point that both the CG is at the correct location and the wheels touch the ground.