Airshow Terrain

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Vindicator

Airshow Terrain

Post by Vindicator » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:47 am

Hey guys, I was watching some of your video's and noticed that the Terrain you guys use when you put on the Airshow looks Modded. How is this done? I saw you guys had a nice tree line set up, along with chairs and umbrella's it looks like. I thought that was a great touch to add to the background, and now when I fly the airfield at home it just looks so bland. So are there any Tips or tricks or downloads for this? Or am I just crazy ! :)
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:00 am

There's a texture replacement mod for the bleachers and trees all included in the latest mod. It replaces a number of containers with these objects, so with a little strategy in the placement of these objects you can form a crowdline and/or treeline when building a mission. I don't remember off the top of my head which containers are replaced with what, nor how many variations we made of bleachers and tree groupings.
goonybird

terrain mod

Post by goonybird » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:32 pm

i am also interested in the process by which you place the objects on the airfield...we Red Arrows are currently using the Virtual Thunderbirds' Razdolnoye Airfield mission...the towers are great markers, but need something more to mark our show center....i've looked around and can't find anything on terrain mods except water and the seasons....where do you get the material and info?
Tailhook
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Tailhook » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:38 pm

quick, simple, and easy answer. All you need to do is go into Mission Editor and edit a mission. Add numerous Static Objects around where your show center is at or what you want to mark it and bam your done. :wink:

LD in smoke on just added a crap load full of umbrellas and things at their show center to make it look more as if it was a real airshow setup 8)
goonybird

Post by goonybird » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:29 pm

thanks :oops: .... talk about snakes...that one sure bit me...never got into mission building...now for later on, where do you get the fancy umbrellas?