The Predator Cam idea...

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Tailhook
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

The Predator Cam idea...

Post by Tailhook » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:09 am

You stole my idea! :P It's cool though. I have always thought about having a predator cam/FLIR cam in a video.
Last edited by Tailhook on Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:33 am

I think he took the idea from the real Thunderbirds and a show they did in 2005 at Nellis.
Phantoms Phorever!
BonJobie

Post by BonJobie » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:02 am

That is exactly right.

Bon
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:17 am

No harm in doing the same! Go for it! There are no ideas being stolen here, only common views... :wink:
TexVBA#6

Post by TexVBA#6 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:25 pm

Great minds think alike 8)
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:00 am

I wouldn't go as far as stretching it to say I'm one of them! :wink:

Btw, Tex... Looks like you've moved to the left wing! 8) Your avatars (both here and in your forum) still has you down as the Opposing Solo though. :P
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:33 am

Lawndart wrote:I wouldn't go as far as stretching it to say I'm one of them! :wink:

Btw, Tex... Looks like you've moved to the left wing! 8) Your avatars (both here and in your forum) still has you down as the Opposing Solo though. :P
No he's still on the right wing, he is just "leading" a potential lead solo left wing delta around in solo training right now, and I am sure having a ton of fun doing it!
Phantoms Phorever!
TexVBA#6

Post by TexVBA#6 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:28 pm

hehe .. yea im so confused I wish Boss would make up my mind. Yea our recruit is coming along just nicely. Looking forward to having another solo pilot among all these diamond pilots .... sheesh. I lose too many battles in ventrilo without a wingman .... :lol:

If this recruit cant hack it LD your my next choice. You ready to cross into the blue JETS. :lol:

Hey we will even turn the 5 upside down for ya!! On second thought Kato might not like that.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:57 pm

Kato ("Simon") says... :lol: :wink: Just J/Kn... :!:

Since you brought it up, who is referred to as the Boss when you mention the Boss? C/O or Flight Leader, since for you guys it's not the same person as it is for the Blue Angels IRL.

If you need a stand-in, I'm up for it, but this is taking too much time as is and I'm trying to do less and not more, so all-in-all, I'm afraid you're on your own (literally). So far it's working out well doing less, with about 2 practices during all of March for me (none with both Solos) and hopefully we'll fly live again soon too, probably with no further full team practice what-so-ever and still kick ass (relatively speaking)! That's usually how Striker and I roll! No stick time, just the "Zen"... 8)

Gotta have the "Zen"! We live and die by it over here, at least me and my evil twin... :twisted: The Diamond guys however... different story, those sissies seem to demand constant nursing and "hand holding". :lol: :roll: (Ok, I'm gonna stop now... before this thread gets out of hand, more OT and I get reprimanded by my team). :wink:
TexVBA#6

Post by TexVBA#6 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:09 pm

Lawndart wrote:Kato ("Simon") says... :lol: :wink: Just J/Kn... :!:

Since you brought it up, who is referred to as the Boss when you mention the Boss? C/O or Flight Leader, since for you guys it's not the same person as it is for the Blue Angels IRL.
Yea but Boss is Boss and we use that term for the leader of our formation so .... Rhino is Boss. And neither of us have any quarrel with that. When we fly theres no doubt in any of our minds who Boss is .... proud to fly with the turd. :wink:
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:54 pm

TexVBA#6 wrote:When we fly theres no doubt in any of our minds who Boss is .... proud to fly with the turd. :wink:
Ill have to remember that tomorrow and saturday night when we do nothing but Delta rolls and I'll be sure to make 'em extra snappy! :D
Lawndart wrote:If you need a stand-in, I'm up for it, but this is taking too much time as is and I'm trying to do less and not more, so all-in-all, I'm afraid you're on your own (literally).
Appreciate that and know from just doing this for about 5 months with these guys now the time constraints you start putting yourself into. Don't worry, we'll make do!
Phantoms Phorever!
Burner

Post by Burner » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:21 am

Lawndart wrote:The Diamond guys however... different story, those sissies seem to demand constant nursing and "hand holding". :lol: :roll: (Ok, I'm gonna stop now... before this thread gets out of hand, more OT and I get reprimanded by my team). :wink:
Don't let the Clown Crew fool you folks, everybody knows who puts on the stunt show and who puts on the real show ;)

Death defying kind of looses its punch when no real danger is involved :lol: :roll:
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:40 pm

Burner wrote:
Lawndart wrote:The Diamond guys however... different story, those sissies seem to demand constant nursing and "hand holding". :lol: :roll: (Ok, I'm gonna stop now... before this thread gets out of hand, more OT and I get reprimanded by my team). :wink:
Don't let the Clown Crew fool you folks, everybody knows who puts on the stunt show and who puts on the real show ;)

Death defying kind of looses its punch when no real danger is involved :lol: :roll:
Boss': We treat the diamond pilots like our first born sons and daughters. Solos get treated like those red-headed step children you never wanted. :wink: Just joking of course.........
Phantoms Phorever!
TexVBA#6

Post by TexVBA#6 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:26 pm

Boss never forget who you trust to fly on your six when the bullets get to flying ... :lol:
Rage

Post by Rage » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:59 am

Rhino wrote:
Burner wrote:

Boss': We treat the diamond pilots like our first born sons and daughters. Solos get treated like those red-headed step children you never wanted. :wink: Just joking of course.........
LOL, true.. :lol: guess I need to be a proud son 8)
Credit to Sabor.