My Own "Smoke On" Movie Poster

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Blaze

My Own "Smoke On" Movie Poster

Post by Blaze » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:38 am

I used my Poster Print option on my Epson printer to print out a 25.5'' by 33" poster using 9 sheets of glossy photo paper. Then just cut off the excess around the edges and taped it together on the back and "Whammy!", my own "Smoke On" poster. I hung it up at my computer desk so I can see it every time I start up Lock-on. It motivates me to strive to reach the perfection and skill of the VTB's. Sorry about the low res picture. I took it with my camera phone. The poster is just as crisp and sharp and vivid as the original ones.

Tailhook
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Tailhook » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:50 am

LD will be crawling over you to have that :lol:. oh wait, nvm cause he prolly has the one from the main screening :wink:
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:22 am

b17tony,

If you want the print version of the graphic file, I can get it to you. The one available for download via our website is simply a jpeg and not even close to the 300DPI 27 x 40 inch PhotoShop file. If you're happy with what you've got, that's fine... but if you want a copy that will print in extreme clarity up to 27 x 40 inches, let me know! The file is quite large...

Thanks for sharing the pic of your wall! :D
Convertible
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Convertible » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:40 am

b17tony,

That looks great. You can't even tell that you printed it with several sheets of paper and taped it together. What a great idea. I know that when ever I look at my poster from the premiere in Vegas that it just makes me want to watch the movie again and fly even more!!!! The actual file that LD talked about is huge but well worth it. Great job.

Convertible
Airshow fan

Post by Airshow fan » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:02 pm

Ohh Looks good!

Gives me an idea :P
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:41 pm

Airshow fan wrote:Ohh Looks good!

+1 :D
Hey is that an X-15 model? :o :)
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:33 am

lqcorsa wrote:
Airshow fan wrote:Ohh Looks good!

+1 :D
Hey is that an X-15 model? :o :)
No it's a poster. Would be nice to have a model that big. Trying to find a giant-scale viper. Anyways, I'm about to begin construction on my very own Aker Barnes pit and I'll probably be ordering a ACES II seat kit to compliment it 8). I'll be posting WIP pictures in the "Pit Builders" forum soon enough so look out !