Madden 07

Aviation & Simulation Topics
lqcorsa

Madden 07

Post by lqcorsa » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:11 am

Ok I hope Madden 07 falls into the other simulators section. Maybe its a sports simulator? :lol:

I'd like to start off by saying Electronic Arts has the WORST tech support that I've EVER gone through, its just rediculous what I've gone through so far IMO. I've been trying to get support since December 28th, but let me mention that since E.A. just has wonderful support (sarcastic :wink: ), and they promise a reply within 24 hours, I got my first reply today. What was this reply all about? Well, it actually had NOTHING to do with my question, or even my GAME! They replied with something about a FIFA game. Also, they refuse to give me a standard messaging address, so instead of being able to contact them back telling them they once again failed to answer my question, I have to submit a 2nd question using the little form they have.

So, with that said, I'll post my original question here in this thread, and hopefully I can get my problem worked out here.

I'm having a lot of trouble playing Madden NFL 2007 online. Single player works very well, but when I play online, after a few minutes of playing, I all of a sudden drop down to getting about 1 FPS, and my game violently skips. Its very frustrating, and I know its not that my computer can't handle the graphics because not only have I tryed the lowest graphics, but my computer has top-of-the-line hardware in it. I'm fully updated, I've disabled all my spyware/virus protection, and I don't have a router. Also I have Java and everything like that installed . PLEASE help me E.A.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:59 pm

Sports simulator, I like that phrase! :wink:

Cannot help you much with your issue though, but check all your settings within that game that has anything to do with network, ports, connection etc and then verify that you have no porgram limiting the use of those settings. Most commonly, ports would be a problem if taken by another program or blocked. It could even be your ISP that's limiting which ports are accessible (not the most likely case, but it happens)...
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:41 pm

Lawndart, what ports? I don't have a router!

I'm so frustrated with E.A. right now!!!! Look at this:

Here is a DIRECT quote from me, that I said to E.A.
and I don't have a router.
This REALLY frustrates me!!!!! Obviously they don't even take the time to read what I wrote:

DIRECT quote from E.A. to me.
You may need to adjust the settings of your router...
OMG! Its SO frustrating people thinking I suck at Madden just because its being stupid. Besides, what type of a company, HAS NO WAY to contact them besides using a support form that took 5 DAYS for them to respond to!!!!!! :x
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:36 pm

First of all, calm down so you can think clearly and asses the situation... Then narrow down what is going on with THE SITUACIONE!!! :wink:

Router or no router, you're computer is still has open and closed ports, as does your ISP! The router is merely a Gateway for many ports and a ways to control them a bit more easily. Your game, once you are online is running through a port or a series of ports between your system and the internet (router or no router). Find out what ports Madden uses when you connect and then check your settings under Network Connectivity AND Internet Properties. Finally, call your ISP and have them verify that the port(s) in question are in fact open and that they don't for whatever reason inhibit those ranges including the port you need. It has happened in the past. We had one user who couldn't connect to our Ventrilo because his ISP wouldn't allow any traffic on its port. Sometimes it would work, but it would close and he'd get disconnected after some serious lag...

Just saying... This may not be the problem, but worth while looking into!
Redeye
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Redeye » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:48 pm

Here is the port forwarding page. Look for your game/simulator.

Madden NFL 2005 1795 , 1797 , 3658 , 6000
Madden NFL 2006 1795 , 1797
Madden NFL 07 1795 , 1797

http://www.portforward.com/cports.htm

Hope this helps