Christmas Flight

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Tubs

Christmas Flight

Post by Tubs » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:33 am

Well it was Starscream in lead, Rotorblade is right, fuzzy is left, and me as slot. (right click, save as)

http://www.virtualsnowbirds.com/merrychristmastoo.wmv
Last edited by Tubs on Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StarScream

Post by StarScream » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:03 am

LOL so THATS what its like to be in the Diamond Point. Happy Hollidays Everyone!!

and tubs - the names StarScream...... :roll:
StarScream

Post by StarScream » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:39 pm

48 views and no replys?
Rotorblade

Post by Rotorblade » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:48 pm

This video is a gift for everyone in the formation flying community as a way of wishing everyone a happy holiday season. The idea comes from the picture I use as my signature.

I want to answer a few questions about what you see in the video. There is no mod currently published that will allow you do this. I did not distribute any mod for this video. I was the only person in this flight that was able to see it the way you see it in the video. Tubs was flying an F-15, and Fuzzy was flying a Mig-29S.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions :)
Rotorblade

Post by Rotorblade » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:51 pm

I forgot to add that this was originally inspired by WCD-01/Wildcat's post
viewtopic.php?t=1155

If the VTB and VBA want to Offically recreate the pictures from that original post just let me know. :)

Thanks Wildcat and the formation flying community for the inspiration.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:39 pm

Rotorblade wrote:I did not distribute any mod for this video. I was the only person in this flight that was able to see it the way you see it in the video.
Rotorblade wrote:If the VTB and VBA want to Offically recreate the pictures from that original post just let me know. :)
The mods have always been public, but the release of screenies and vids with our skins are what we hold dearly and identifies us. So, to answer your second question: No need to "officially or unofficially" recreate anything additional since you guys already have in this release. Hope you had fun! :D

I don't like to hold a grudge and although there is some sarcasm in the above statement, I certainly don't want to hold it against anyone to have fun and enjoy doing this sort of stuff on their own. We do however appreciate it when we're approached before hand for any release of media containing (not Thunderbirds in particular), but our skins or alike, inferring to portray us, or a release that can be considered associated with or viewed as the Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC by others.

Sorry for the sour note, looked like a blast! Merry Christmas to all! :P
Rotorblade

Post by Rotorblade » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:43 pm

Oops, was trying to edit that last post and it got deleted.

This movie was intended to spread Christmas and Formation Flying Cheer.

I made an easy mistake by not asking for permission to use the mods that were used in the creation of this video.

And Lawndart, your reply was not a sour one and your comments are always welcome.