#1 or #6 In-Cockpit Video

Aviation & Simulation Topics
lqcorsa

#1 or #6 In-Cockpit Video

Post by lqcorsa » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:53 pm

No, its not Thunderbird video :o . I was wondering if it was possible for Virtual Thunderbird #1 or #6 to take a video camera along on one of their ERJ or Boeing flights, after I saw they were pilots. That'd be cool to see the pre-flight - startup ect... fuel calculations and what not during cruise, all the way to the approach. Wow it wasn't until I started typing this until I realized how big of a favor this is to ask :lol: . I still think it'd be cool. I once saw a Sobel Air 767 pilots journey across the Atlantic and wanted to see more of these ever since :) .
STRIKER
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by STRIKER » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:22 pm

Cant do it on my bird...they would arrest me and drag me off the restricted area of the flightline. :wink:
Cobra

Post by Cobra » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:51 pm

Would an A330 do?
BonJobie

Post by BonJobie » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:54 pm

No problem on my end. I will let ya'll know when it is good time to do it.

Bon
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:14 am

Bon, Cobra, I would love to get a copy when you can do that! If either of you would be using mini DV and need help with capture and conversion to WMV, I can do that for you.

Hey how about a "Helmet cam"! (or maybe your pasengers might get nervous if they saw the captain wearing a helmet :lol: )
Tailhook

Post by Tailhook » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:21 pm

Gunner wrote:Hey how about a "Helmet cam"! (or maybe your pasengers might get nervous if they saw the captain wearing a helmet :lol: )
Now that would be funny :).
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:36 am

TWC_Cobra wrote:Would an A330 do?
Yep!
BonJobie wrote:No problem on my end. I will let ya'll know when it is good time to do it.
Very cool, can't wait.
Cobra

Post by Cobra » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:56 am

I was going to do it on my last trip... Melbourne to Tokyo but my wife needed the camera for a school function. I am on leave now till early March so there will be nothing till then.

Pity, the Mel-Tokyo sector was a good one... 10 hours in daylight, over the Great Barrier reef, the Papua New Guinea highlands and then the Marianas islands with great views of Guam.

We saw a Asiana 747 go 1000 feet above us near the equator with a closing speed in excess of 1000 miles an hour. That is a sight reserved for pilots. If the opposing aeroplane has a contrail it looks absolutely awesome. If you press your ears to the window you can hear a high pitched Doppler howl as it goes by.

We landed in Tokyo early evening with an ILS approach down to the minimas...

Follow that with a million beers and getting thrown out of a Karaoke bar at 5.00am Australian time, it was a long but satisfying day... and no... I won't include the Karaoke on the video... :wink:
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:18 am

TWC_Cobra wrote: If you press your ears to the window you can hear a high pitched Doppler howl as it goes by.

Follow that with a million beers and getting thrown out of a Karaoke bar at 5.00am Australian time, it was a long but satisfying day... and no... I won't include the Karaoke on the video... :wink:
But video of Mike Glynn pressing his ear to an Airbus windscreen would be priceless :lol:
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:33 am

TWC_Cobra wrote: Pity, the Mel-Tokyo sector was a good one... 10 hours in daylight, over the Great Barrier reef, the Papua New Guinea highlands and then the Marianas islands with great views of Guam.
Sounds like a very cool trip, I'll re-create that in FS! ....Once I actually see some PSS and friendly frames in FSX..... (different subject)