Video Techiques used in Smoke On the Movie

Aviation & Simulation Topics
310thFalcon

Video Techiques used in Smoke On the Movie

Post by 310thFalcon » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:36 am

S!

Outstanding Movie guys. The bar has differently been raise to higher standard where future Lock-on movies will be judge against...no doubt about it.

Simply awesome job guys!!

OT: I fly IL-2 F/B-PF mostly and help from time to time on IL-2 movie projects with some of my fellow moviemaker friends.

I don't currently fly Lomac currently...however I do watch and keep track of many outstanding films done by the Lock-on community. Filmakers like Glowing_Amraan, Dobberman, bSr.L ( )Csta, & now you guys who have made some oustanding virtual movies.

If I may...I have a question about this movie and some of the techniques you use in this film. I realize that some of the techniques you use may not work between the two different sims. I also understand that some of your techniques in making this and future movies will be a trade secret'(s) and will not be reveal to anyone at this time.

Question - Dynamic Camera: Viewing this film my jaw nearly drop to the floor watching the visuals effect of what this static camera effect can do for you! Zooming in and out and can rotate 360 degree in either directions. Simply must have camera effect no doubt!! :P

Is this a program that you can purchase, or did you acquire a professional video effects expert on your Virtual Thunderbird staff?

Can it work with other virtual sims and other games?

Thank You for your time

Best Regards

Michael
Last edited by 310thFalcon on Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cobra
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Cobra » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:51 am

Burner could tell you, but then he'd have to kill you!

I know nothing about how it was done, except it was a bit of technical wizardry from our very own Number two... :wink:
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:28 am

Trade secret it is; however, I will say this: It is all done within Lock-On! Therefore I also couldn't tell you if other sims allow for the same or similar programming? 8)
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:16 am

Chris,

Excellent work! Just first rate.

Does Sony Vegas have WMV-HD as a standard output?

Wingnut.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:17 pm

Later versions - yes!

Not sure about the value packages however, but the real deal does.