Smoke On the MOVIE

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Rotorblade

Post by Rotorblade » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:06 am

It's awesome to see what a group of fans can do! :)
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:15 pm

It really is cool isn't it Rotorblade? This is probobly one of those things where it started out as flying every Saturday or so, then got a few more people, and now look, you guy's got hundreds of fans all around the world! Thanks for all the info LD, just goes to show you what Bon was talking about with all of your hard work.
Stryker

Post by Stryker » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:22 pm

Everyone starts out the same but its only the few that go the distance and see it to the end. Well done VTB!!
Shabo

Post by Shabo » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:24 pm

lqcorsa wrote:It really is cool isn't it Rotorblade? This is probobly one of those things where it started out as flying every Saturday or so, then got a few more people, and now look, you guy's got hundreds of fans all around the world! Thanks for all the info LD, just goes to show you what Bon was talking about with all of your hard work.

Man anyone else notice that this guy has something to say about every single thread on the VTB's site. Hey man i just gotta ask you ever fly or do you just post? :D
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:13 pm

I can't wait until "Smoke On" Movie release :D I wonder how long it will take to d/l something like that here in Korea :shock:
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:14 pm

I'm sure "someone" could burn it to a DVD for you Panther and get it to the ROK.

Rhino
Canuck

Post by Canuck » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:11 am

Thanks BonJobie and Lawndart for all the information. This is really great information you guys are sharing. Although I have never really played a flight sim game I'm really excited about this movie release.
I run a machinima website site that showcases the best and the highest quality machinima made, and this movie has me really, really excited.
Judging by the trailer alone, you'll definitely have to enter it in the 2007 Machinima Film Festival. The 2006 Machinima Film Festival was just held last week Nov 2-4. This year a flight sim movie called The Adventures of Bill and John: Ep II won four awards for Best Picture, Best Cinematography, Best Editing and Best Independent Machinima. That movie was made using the same game engine, Lock On.

I'm certain I'll be burning Smoke On to DVD. I have only once before burned a machinima movie to dvd. This will be a great addition.

Congrats on the premiere and thanks for the updates. I will be checking in daily for more news :)
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:21 am

Canuck wrote:Thanks BonJobie and Lawndart for all the information.

I run a machinima website site that showcases the best and the highest quality machinima made, and this movie has me really, really excited.
Judging by the trailer alone, you'll definitely have to enter it in the 2007 Machinima Film Festival.
We're usually very good about sharing what we do and have a passion for! :wink:

You know, I didn't even hear about the Machinima Film Festival until about three weeks ago when "The Adventures of Bill and John: Ep II" surfaced around the forums. I'll certainly enter it for 2007, but in the mean time feel free to tell us more about the festival and its awards, history and previous winners.

Cheers! 8)
Rotorblade

Post by Rotorblade » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:04 am

That is an awesome movie Canuck!
Canuck wrote:...This year a flight sim movie called The Adventures of Bill and John: Ep II won four awards for Best Picture, Best Cinematography, Best Editing and Best Independent Machinima. That movie was made using the same game engine, Lock On. ...
Stryker

Post by Stryker » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:16 pm

That was not only well done and deserving of the awards but it was HILARIOUS!
Sinister

Post by Sinister » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:04 pm

Well as your Las Vegas Liason.. I just want to say that I had a really good time. .The movie was wonderful.. I was on the edge of my seat.. remembering what it was like doing some of those manuevers.. Sorry for the OUTBURSTS..It was really something to experience this on the BIG SCREEN. I had a great time with you guys at the airshow and the other events we did... Just like last year, its like we have been best friends forever..catching up on old times... I have known and flown with Red and Rock for about 5 years now and my first time meeting them was great, and didnt feel NEW in anyway..

Cant wait to download it and run it on my projector in the house on movie night with the kids..

Great work LD.. Great flying Guys... GOOD TIMES !!!! GOOD TIMES!!!
Burner
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Burner » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:56 pm

Sinister wrote:Well as your Las Vegas Liason.. I just want to say that I had a really good time. .The movie was wonderful.. I was on the edge of my seat.. remembering what it was like doing some of those manuevers.. Sorry for the OUTBURSTS..It was really something to experience this on the BIG SCREEN. I had a great time with you guys at the airshow and the other events we did... Just like last year, its like we have been best friends forever..catching up on old times... I have known and flown with Red and Rock for about 5 years now and my first time meeting them was great, and didnt feel NEW in anyway..

Cant wait to download it and run it on my projector in the house on movie night with the kids..

Great work LD.. Great flying Guys... GOOD TIMES !!!! GOOD TIMES!!!
I just want to thank you again for the great time you showed us in your town. I can speak for everyone when I say we had a blast! Can't wait until next year when I defend my Kart title ;)

Good Times!
Canuck

Post by Canuck » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:01 am

I have written a short introductory article on my machinima site about the Virtual Thunderbirds, the movie premiere and the movie trailer.
I am completely blown away by both the trailer and the performance. Normally in machinima movies, the creator of the movie is the sole star, characters are simply there as part of the story line. Smoke On is unique in that both the characters and movie creator are the stars of the show.

I invite you to read my acticle, and perhaps leave a comment. Comments sometimes take a few minutes to publish, so don't be alarmed if you don't immediately see it.

Gamerz Theatre Smoke On article
Last edited by Canuck on Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rock
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Rock » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:42 pm

I'd like to start by saying man what an incredible trip this weekend was. Since LD has an Official PR announcement planned I won't go in to details but I can say it was perhaps one of the coolest things I have ever done.

Secondly a big thanks to LD for all his hard work on the movie. As a VTB member I know the incredible amount of work that you put in to accomplish this project and I can say for sure that it will be almost impossible to ever match. It was an absolute pleasure to watch it on the big screen and had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. When me and Redeye joined the team a year ago I would never have guessed that we would be watching ourselves in a 400 seat theatre in LAS VEGAS! Too cool and thanks again to Thrustmaster!

Thirdly thanks to Bon for doing a great job with organizing our movie premiere and Airshow details. It was a pleasure to meet both you and your family and as always you proved to be first class all the way. It's an honor to fly with someone of your skill especially considering that I personnally don't have a single real world flight hour under my belt.

I'd also like to say what an honor it was to finally meet the rest of our team members. Burner, Striker, Convertible, Cobra and Gunner it was a great time with tons of laughs and fun. You guys are the best and it was as Sin said just like we had been friends forever. Good times.

Speaking of Sin. Man it was too cool meeting you and thanks fo showing us around Vegas(next time I'll rent a faster car :D ). I still can't get over the fact that we've known each other for 5 years. Too cool...

Finally thanks to everyone for your kind posts. I truly hope you enjoy the movie as much as we do. I have learned more about aviation and the USAF Thunderbirds from Lawndart and the rest of the team then I could have possible imagined. It has been an amazing journey being apart of this movie and this team and I look forward to the journey that lies ahead. As I like to say when we are flying "4's In"
Redeye
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Redeye » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:21 pm

Thank you for your kind words Canuck, your article on the machinima site was excellent! :D

I would also like to thank Sinister for a great time in Vegas. Its been a fun 5 years and a pleasure to know and finally meet you. What a great time!