Smoke On the MOVIE

Aviation & Simulation Topics
FALCON56

Post by FALCON56 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:21 pm

Words cant describe how awsome this production was.. Great job to ALL involved...WOW!!! :D
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:53 am

Same here spent +15 hours downloading yesterday in to last night, woke up this morning with it complete and it was corrupted too. :bummer: I tried the torrents with no joy, I am know going with the last link. Keeping fingers crossed :D
Atlas

Post by Atlas » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:42 am

downloaded the video this morning...(burnt it to dvd after about the fourth time watching it...Bon knows what i am talking about, break out the popcorn.) put it on the big screen and watched it with the surround sound and i got to tell you it just keeps getting better and better every time i watch the movie...Great Job to everyone that was involved...loved the narriation in it...gave it that real air show feel...and loved the scence after the credits. :D Lawndart did a great job on the video...how everything just seamed together was just amazing...not enough can be said about all the hard work to the entire time and everyone that was involved...you guys are just simply great...keep up the good work..

The Bandit
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:39 am

LD, Cinch, and Team,

All of you should be damned proud of what you have all done here. I kind of had an idea of what this was going to be with it being this long of a production, but I didn't know the level of the complexity you had brought it down to. I sat there going :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: . LD I really liked how you took the best of this years music and last year's music and brought them together seemlessly. Not sure if you had the same trouble I did, but for pleasure listening, I tried to find that "My Country 'tis of Thee" rock version that this year's team used on the Cloverloop opener and I could not find it anywhere, so great job of mixing that together.

With that said, looking forward already to the 2007 season!

Rhino

EDIT: I should also mention that I had the same exact problem that Steph and Falcon had downloading from the Jabog site. Although downloading from the GamerzTheatre was rather slow, it DID work and thank you to Canuck for hosting that!
Last edited by Rhino on Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aztec01

Post by aztec01 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:23 am

Sierra Hotel!!

Sierra F***** Hotel!!

Complete with goosebumps and a serious knot in the throat at the end!

Excellent work! Thank you for sharing your passion with the rest of us!
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:26 pm

Still no joy :( I downloaded from the last link and it was corrupt too. Bummer. It must have something to do with the long distance download. Darn Korea DSL.
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:59 pm

Steph I will burn it to dvd(s) and send it to you, that is, unless someone on the VTB side would like to send one of our "sisters" overseas a DVD....
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:00 pm

Just a quick FYI regarding HD rendering and DVDs. Unless you want to lower the quality to DVD resolution and 480p, burning the data files onto a disc and playing it via a computer is a better option. :P
StarScream

Post by StarScream » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:14 pm

honestly as amazing as this video is i would totally enjoy seeing a non HD version of the video.. my computer almost takes a poop trying to pay the video...
BonJobie
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by BonJobie » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:30 pm

We can appreciate the desire to see the movie, but to change or render it to a non HD version would compromise all of the hard work that LD put forth to make it available in the clearest format possible.

Bon
Canuck

Post by Canuck » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:45 pm

Panther wrote:Still no joy :( I downloaded from the last link and it was corrupt too. Bummer. It must have something to do with the long distance download. Darn Korea DSL.
Check your PM, I sent you part one. I'll send you the other 3 parts as soon as I get them uploaded.
All original settings :D
Raven

Post by Raven » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:46 pm

guys, just one word: WOW!!

keep going so! you're great!
StarScream

Post by StarScream » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:37 pm

BonJobie wrote:We can appreciate the desire to see the movie, but to change or render it to a non HD version would compromise all of the hard work that LD put forth to make it available in the clearest format possible.

Bon
Not that this is the first time ive heard that responce.. and that I respect that LD wants his MASTERPIECE shown the best way possible (i totally agree with that) having the ability to actually watch the video and not have it jump and freeze would make me even more happy....
Artemy

Post by Artemy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:54 pm

So, guys.

I feel very sorry, that you don't see my message.

Nevertheless, it's a good movie.

Good luck!
Commander VAT "White Ravens", WR=242=Artemy
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:56 pm

Artemy wrote:So, guys.

I feel very sorry, that you don't see my message.

Nevertheless, it's a good movie.

Good luck!
Not sure what you mean :?: :!:

We read your last post if that's what you're talking about and appreciate your comments! :)