Virtual Thunderbird (VT) Flyovers and Airshows

Aviation & Simulation Topics
JZimms100

Virtual Thunderbird (VT) Flyovers and Airshows

Post by JZimms100 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:50 pm

Hello All!

I had a question regarding the Virtual Thunderbird's (VT) operations. Does the VT team ever provide "virtual flyovers" or "virtual airshows" for real-life "virtual events"? For instance, has the team every performed a "flyover" to begin a large-scale computer gaming event, i.e. a large football competition, or a virtual auto-racing event? Such events in the real world often feature flyovers to begin the festivities.

How does an organisation go about requesting flyover or airshow support from the VT Team?

Do the VT pilots ever receive a virtual or real introduction during halftime, a commercial break, etc?

Thank you all! I speak on behalf of all future VT Family Members when I say how lucky we are to have these kind of opportunities. I wish you all a great Week!

Good Luck.

Brian!
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:38 pm

Well I am sure if all this were possible it would happen. Seeing how Madden, Nascar Sim Racing and LockOn arent really compatible with each other, I can't see this happening anytime soon. Now as for live shows, VFAT 2006 is right around the corner, so you can see them live there I would believe, but as far as seeing them at the "Super Bowl", well, use your common sense on that one.

Rhino, Out
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:49 pm

Nicely summarized Rhino! :)

P.S. Shot down by the limitations and shortcomings of the internet and software compatibility again... DOH!!! :wink:
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:11 pm

Hey but around the ports there are some stadiums in Lock-On hehe 8) .
JZimms100

Post by JZimms100 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:51 pm

This would certainly be a great way to promote interest in the Virtual Thunderbird (VT) Family. Perhaps someday, in the very near future, software compatibility issues will be overcome, and our Flyover/Remote Airshow programmes can really take off!

I have much confidence that various "virtual" events that are played in public venues would love to have a flyover by the Virtual Thunderbird family to begin the festivities! For example, a flyover would be a great way to begin a virtual race (as noted by MSgt Rhino) or a football (or any other sport: baseball, soccer, basically any competition played in an "outside" venue!) championship.

Would it be fair to say that our Remote Show program would prosper under this type of environment, as well?

The possibilities and opportunities that exist for the VT Family are virtually (no pun intended!) endless! Congratulations to VT Family Members past, present, and future!

Brian.
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:16 pm

If The Virtual Thunderbirds transfer into Fighter Ops, global flights are a feature, and with the exellent graphics, my guess is that realistic autogen will be in place. See you at Daytona 500 VTB's :D :D :lol: