Virtual Frecce Tricolori

Aviation & Simulation Topics
PONY2

Virtual Frecce Tricolori

Post by PONY2 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:43 am

Hi all guys,
i'm Fabio "Pony2" of the Italian Virtual Aerobatic Team (P.A.N.V. in italian).
Do you remember this topic? viewtopic.php?t=603&highlight=frecce+tricolori
Now i want to show you our progresses with this new video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddOpQQYx6e4

Best reguards
Fabio.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:40 am

Fabio,

Thanks for the post! Formations are starting to look real nice and so does the skin of the model. Nice work!
PONY2

Post by PONY2 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:30 am

Thanks for the post! Formations are starting to look real nice and so does the skin of the model. Nice work!
Tnx !
The model is the most accurate never made for Flight Simulator and was developed frm our sponsor Cloud9 http://www.fscloud9.com/php/home.php?lang=EN that with an agreement between the real team "Frecce Tricolori" and the Aermacchi factory engineers and ofcourse our betatesting (we also developed the smokes) in two years of hard job this team arrived to this excellant product really at the top of technology in the world of simulation,
the fluency of instruments readout and the Physic engine is the state of the art for FS9.
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:05 pm

Lavoro meraviglioso! I miei elogi!
Phantoms Phorever!
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:17 pm

Rhino wrote:Lavoro meraviglioso! I miei elogi!
Translation: Wonderful job! My praises!

PONY2,

Sound like we have much in common. I thought the flight physics looked smoother than I remembered FS9 to be. Keep working on those formations, nothing but blood, sweat and tears to make it happen - but in the end it's very rewarding!
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:02 pm

Pony, are you using the IBNET program/service on the server you are using? I know Cloud 9 makes awesome add-ons. You guys are by far the best FS9 group there is out there. I can get a 2 or 3 ship close on there, but that is about it.

Again, GREAT JOB!

Rhino
Phantoms Phorever!
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:06 pm

Not bad at all Fabio.

Rhino, I'm almost 100% positive they are using IBNET, considering we were able to see movements of aircraft, planes were smooth in multiplayer, and smoke was visible. I tryed it once, didn't work for me, so I hopped in lomac. I bet this "Frecce Tricolori" virtual team can't wait for FS10 eh!? :)

Not to mention he explains that he uses it in the original post:
We don't use a LAN connection to fly but we use IBNETPLAYER via an ADSL normal internet connection
PONY2

Post by PONY2 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:18 pm

Rhino wrote:Pony, are you using the IBNET program/service on the server you are using? I know Cloud 9 makes awesome add-ons. You guys are by far the best FS9 group there is out there. I can get a 2 or 3 ship close on there, but that is about it.

Again, GREAT JOB!

Rhino
Grazie Rhino!
really we was the official betatesting group for IBNETPLAYER, and Pietro Incardona who compiled this amazing program followed our tips to improve it.
PONY2,

Sound like we have much in common. I thought the flight physics looked smoother than I remembered FS9 to be. Keep working on those formations, nothing but blood, sweat and tears to make it happen - but in the end it's very rewarding!
Tank you Lawndart,
By the way i'd like to know how a team as you are, can be so stable and so skilled with a new formation every year.... How many times you do practicing?
PONY2

Post by PONY2 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:26 pm

lqcorsa wrote:Not bad at all Fabio.

Rhino, I'm almost 100% positive they are using IBNET, considering we were able to see movements of aircraft, planes were smooth in multiplayer, and smoke was visible. I tryed it once, didn't work for me, so I hopped in lomac. I bet this "Frecce Tricolori" virtual team can't wait for FS10 eh!? :)

Not to mention he explains that he uses it in the original post:
We don't use a LAN connection to fly but we use IBNETPLAYER via an ADSL normal internet connection
Hi,
we fly togheter since 2003, and there was no hope to had FS10 that period, and we experienced a lot of "trouble" to fix in ibnet before actual version and become the team you can now see.
However we have to puntualize that FS10 (FSX ) is already not so stable as people could believe and i think we'll use FS9 for a long time yet.
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:47 pm

i think we'll use FS9 for a long time yet.
:o
By the way i'd like to know how a team as you are, can be so stable and so skilled with a new formation every year.... How many times you do practicing?
I'm not a Virtual Thunderbird, but I can try to answer your question. They use a different simulator, "Lock-On", witch has a much more stable multiplayer than FS, even with that IBNET player. I don't know how often the 2006 thunderbirds practice, but I know that the Virtual Blue Angels fly 4 hours a day I think it was, you can imagine how skilled you get at something when you practice so often.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:50 pm

PONY2 wrote:By the way i'd like to know how a team as you are, can be so stable and so skilled with a new formation every year.... How many times you do practicing?
It's not 4 hours a day. If anyone says that they spend that much time airborne each day, they are blowing sunshine up your rear...

For continuity sake, you have to practice a full blown show profile about three times per week to be proficient. Twice a week will sustain the knowledge and skill. Once a week and you're banking more on talent than the precise execution of a script (a.k.a profile).

We average about 2-3 practice opportunities per week, each consisting of 1-2 sorties about an hour each. So, that's about 4-6 hours of team practice per week. In between many members practice on their own, but the biggest difference is that every other day we hang out, communicate, work on both business ends and procedures, technique discussions and much more. We just don't show up at practice time and see each other for the first time again since last practice if you know what I mean. Between there's been multiple communications over the internet, work done and many times a lot of phone conversations too. It's this type of briefing/prep for flying and our organization that makes the difference. Obviously, each member takes care of their hardware too (internet connection, setup, computer, seating position etc etc etc etc etc), so that when we fly together as a team we don't start from where we left off last time, but rather use the time effectively and fly our show profile with all the real world callouts, timing, patterns and procedures bar none. The stick and rudder skills, each member has to find time elsewhere to master, since the show is so complex with 38 maneuvers flown in 45 minutes time and as you know we are a very picky bunch when it comes to how it looks! :wink:

To answer how we can fly so stable... Practice, practice, practice and then we typically do a full on debrief after each practice sortie where each pilot dissects his flying in every way possible throughout the show (using video review and a real-time observer) and finds ways to improve, fix errors or notes mistakes and so forth. It can sometimes be as little as: "I was three feet too deep in the trail formation as we hit 70 and that caused me to go triple-T wide as I corrected with more pull into the float". Then it's back to discussing procedure, profiles (patterns) and technique before you take to the pixilated skies again. Time consuming, yes! Demanding, yes! Rewarding, yes! For everybody, no... It takes people with extraordinary commitment, patience and a drive like no other do to this in unison!

Look for new stuff from us around Thanksgiving...
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:56 pm

LD,

Here is a quote from Kato:

"we spend 4 hours a day with it, but there will always be room for improvement"

Possibly, it isn't practice, I was just letting the person know they spend 4 hours a day in it.
Airshow fan

Post by Airshow fan » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:11 pm

Great stuff, Virtual Freece Tricolori!

Looks great!
STRIKER
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by STRIKER » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:28 pm

lqcorsa wrote:LD,

Here is a quote from Kato:

"we spend 4 hours a day with it, but there will always be room for improvement"

Possibly, it isn't practice, I was just letting the person know they spend 4 hours a day in it.
Lqcorsa,

With where the VBA team is right now I think they would hope to get 4 hours in a week.
Tailhook
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Tailhook » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:35 pm

great stuff. need more formation teams on fs....x cause then you can do real airshows over real places :-P.
downloaded the video in my room at Virginia Beach during the 2006 NAS Oceana weekend airshows