Brainstorming on an Aerobatics Module for Fighter Ops

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Malignant

Post by Malignant » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:50 pm

I got some;
- A setting to turn on/off hot exhaust intake ( so dont fly behind the guy in front of you)
- Smoke colour switching in flight. so you can switch colour and possision of the smoke
- Have a spectator fuction for organizing virtual flight shows, including dig screen tv's with automatic cameras for the public
- Be able to slide helmet visor up and down (with hand animation please)
- In game voip
- Air traffic control fuction in multiplayer
- Fully customizable enviroment ( to make your own stunt team airbase )
- Headshake Fuction

Thats about wraps it up
JaBog32_Dirty
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by JaBog32_Dirty » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:32 pm

Hi,... :-)

Here's my suggestion:
The "Relative Speed Indicator" or "Relative Thrust Indicator". To provide you with information that IRL your inner ear would.

Let me explain. I assume you will be implementing something like LOMACs "Padlock". So when padlocking Lead (who would wanna fly formation without?), I would like to see a little indication in the corner of the screen (or wherever suitable) that tells you your relative speed in reference to the aircraft currently padlocked. Got the Idea? That would not even be cheating, b/c IRL you get this information (and A LOT more) from periferal vision and your inner ear.

Also possible: The indicator could show you the difference in longitudinal accelleration. That would also provide a nice substitute for the missing "feeling-in-the-pants".

In addition to showing your speed error, a trend vector could be inplemented, like the one used in the speed-tape of Airbus aircraft. Thus showing you whether the existing speed difference is increasing or decreasing.

To sum it up: I'd like to see something that substitutes the lack of sensory perception, which is IMO the biggest difference between RL and simulated formation flying.

Comments/suggestions from other experienced formation pilots welcome :-)

Dirty :mrgreen:
It's not the speed that kills you... it's the sudden stop!
Jonnyb

Post by Jonnyb » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:24 pm

Also I think that when you pull G's you get shudders inside the plane. This would be cool to:)
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:04 pm

Dont know what this is called. But in CS: Source, after a flashbang goes off around you, you sorta see double vision. Its hard to explain. But its disorienting, and its cool. If anybody has CSS, you know what I'm talkin bout.
Pacman

Post by Pacman » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:55 am

?
And where would this "effect" fit in the aerobatics module according to you?

AFAIK Gloc etc...doesn't result in 'double vision'.

Dirk
Dirk "Pacman" Verbist
XSI Executive - VP (Q&A/ FM)
Rotorblade

Post by Rotorblade » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:50 pm

JaBog32_Dirty wrote:To sum it up: I'd like to see something that substitutes the lack of sensory perception, which is IMO the biggest difference between RL and simulated formation flying.
I think lqcorsa is responding to that request.

I don't know if i would be up for having the flash bang effect during a particular manuever but it would definitely make things interesting. ;)