FreeBirds Practice

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Trapper-FreeBirds VFW

FreeBirds Practice

Post by Trapper-FreeBirds VFW » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:41 pm

First off, thanks for the help to date, and the invite to join your forum/server. We are definately interested in flying with you to gain experience. We are getting the loop down, but need some help with diamond roll, and clover loop. Have read the written descriptions but need to go through it a few times so we don't start learning the wrong things.
We need the server address and also wondering if you post your practice times or is it random? Thanks again, Trapper
H4rM

Post by H4rM » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:30 pm

Yes, thanks. I too am a FreeBirds-VFW pilot. Great idea for this forum!
:D
Trapper, when where you practicing, maybe we can work together?!
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:32 pm

Hey Freebirds,

I (we) don't mind helping you out. As long as we don't have a full lineup practicing, you're welcome to come in and fly with us once in a while. Just to clarify this whole server thing though... We don't have a Lock On server (I'll usually host the game) and our practice times are very much random based on peoples availability. The Ventrilo server is the only server that is dedicated and you can always check in, but we'd like for you to ask our permission to stay whenever you do, since it can only hold up to certain amount of people and not like a huge server with unlimited users. That's also the reason we're not posting our Ventrilo server info anywhere, since too many people would join the server and "lockout" team members from joining. We'll give you the info privately and then whenever you log in, just make sure it's okay to stay! :)

Hope you understand and respect this!

LawnDart
H4rM

Post by H4rM » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:54 pm

Could you post information regarding what TS server you are on? I haven't seen this information yet.

Thanks
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:33 pm

We don't have a TS server!

LawnDart
Trapper-FreeBirds VFW

Post by Trapper-FreeBirds VFW » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:06 pm

Thanks LD, understand completly, and will pass this on to other FB's formation folks. My email bill1200@com-pair.net.

Harm; contact myself, or other FB's at the FB's web site or the web site Rock set up, (www.angelfire.com/rock3/flyingrock00/) for formation info. Thanks
H4rM

Post by H4rM » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:32 pm

Anyone here use the X52 Saitek controller and might share your SST profile with me for LockOn?
Redeye
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Redeye » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:40 pm

H4rM
I have the X45 and use SST software. I'm not sure if my profile would work with the X52 ? Catch me online and we can find out.

I would like to thank LawnDart for his invite and the flight last nite. It was good to see how you execute manuvers. Very smooth flying made it a pleasure to fly with you.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:48 am

Redeye & FreeBirds,

Hey, glad to pass along whatever help I can offer (when I'm not too busy). I though more about what I told Cinch as far as getting super close in formation and trying to stay there. Since this is just a game and not like real life where you'd need to start at greater distances and then work your way tighter, I think a faster approach to learning the groove to hang tight in LOMAC is to be very aggressive and go as close as you possibly can without clipping the other plane! In other words, closer than you'd want to be even in the "correct" position. I some of you were doing quite well last night time to time, but seems like a few of the FreeBirds hang a little loose sometimes.

My second suggestion is not to over analyze any control input, throttle movement or anything of that nature. Just "strap on the airplane" and do what you need to do to maintain your reference points. I'm just trying to give some constructive criticism. Knowing the maneuvers are key and sticking to a procedure is better than changing it up all the time, but what each individual pilot has to do in order to stay in formation is technique on that pilots part. We all fly a little differently, but accomplish the same end results if done correctly...

This is not aimed at anyone in particular, but I just get the impression that some of you might "think too much" about exactly how to fly every step of the way and not focusing on just narrowing the distance and be more aggressive in your approach to stay with lead. I'd like to see you guys improve and if there's any way we can help you further along let us know. There no lack of dedication though, that's for sure! :)

LawnDart
Eviscerator

Post by Eviscerator » Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:22 pm

Thank you for passing on your knowledge LawnDart. It is extremely exciting to see what your doing. A friend and I have recently really started digging deep into improving flight skills and one of the things we want to work hard at is flying in formation. Right now we are using Falcon 4.0 with Super Pak 4.2, BaZT and MP 5.1. I have LOMAC and enjoy it immensely. Maybe seeing the F-16 modeled will get him interested.

FreeBirds, how many pilots do you have? I have a TS server could use if you need one. It belongs to the FPS clan I'm in but it's empty most of the time except for Thrusday and Sunday nights. I would just need to clear it with them. Please email me at eviscerator@sbcglobal.net if you are interested. I would be very interested in seeing what you have learned so far if you would not mind me observeing you. (and maybe participating ?)
Speed Is Life
Thrust Is the Answer
The Firewall Is The Limit
Trapper-FreeBirds VFW

Post by Trapper-FreeBirds VFW » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:01 pm

Eviscerator, thanks for your interest, check out this site for more info
http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/flyingrock00/