Any Chance of a Look-A-Like Screenshot?

Aviation & Simulation Topics
WCD-01/WILDCAT

Any Chance of a Look-A-Like Screenshot?

Post by WCD-01/WILDCAT » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:06 pm

hey ive been holding these photos for a while and i was wondering if the vSnowbirds vBlue Angels and vThunderbirds would get together and recreate these 2 screenshots

Rhino

Post by Rhino » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:26 pm

Would likely not be possible. Remember that the VTB and the VBA use the same "plane" in all reality (F-15) so the skin sets and the mods would not work. Plus, there isnt a CT-114 modeled in the game, and from what I see on the VSB website, they are transitioning to the CF-18, which again, will be an F-15 base. Would be sweet thought if someone could figure it out!
Jonnyb

Post by Jonnyb » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:56 pm

The only way to do it is with Photoshop.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:20 pm

"We make the impossible, seem possible"... that's our job! Joking aside, if Kato creates a mod where we can fly the F-15 model, they fly the SU'27 model and the Snowbirds take their A-10's, recreating some of these shots would definitely be a possibility. As of right now, it's not very high on the To-Do list though! :wink:

LD
Rotorblade

Post by Rotorblade » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:25 am

It is possible to have the VBA, VTB, and the VSB with which ever models, A-10's or the CF-18's we use. If you are interested I can put together a mod for some photo ops.
STRIKER
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by STRIKER » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:36 am

Rotor, if you do bud...count me in on one of the Tbird pilots!
Jonnyb

Post by Jonnyb » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:58 am

Mee too but somthing else??
STRIKER

Post by STRIKER » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:17 pm

??? Please clarify.

At this time I would suggest that if this photo shoot does take place that actual members of each team participate to give this photoshoot true realism/official pertinance.

My .02,
Jonnyb

Post by Jonnyb » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:48 pm

Dood I was joking chill.
STRIKER

Post by STRIKER » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:36 pm

Jonnyb,

How in the world could I know you were joking.....this is the forums. Be specific on your intentions. Im fine....sounds like you are the one thats getting all upset here bud.
Jonnyb

Post by Jonnyb » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:42 pm

Im gettng upset cus you said only vtb's can fly for the pics. Dont you reaise that there are others put in the forums that would do anythng to flywith the thunderbirds. Yet you get it all the time. And your not giving us a chance to represent anything in a way.
Last edited by Jonnyb on Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:51 pm

Jonnyb wrote:Im gettng upset cus you said only vtb's can fly for the pics. Dont you reaise that there are others put in the forums that would do anythng to flywith the thunderbirds. Yet you o it all the time. And your not giving us a chce to represent anything in a way.
Jonny, how fast were you typing...?! :lol:

We don't own the rights to fly as Thunderbirds, only the real team does and anyone online can model them and fly like them as much as they please with publicly available sims and/or mods released for general use. In future sims, we don't even own any rights to the model or paintschemes, what we do have though is the legal right to the name "Virtual Thunderbirds" (incl. any variation of it, as well as the word "the" prior to the name) and since we made the mod for Lock-On ourselves, we also reserve the right to publish any screenshots, movies or multimedia using it. We don't own the "Thunderbirds", but we do own what's ours. Hence, for credibility what Striker is suggesting is that the Virtual Thunderbird jets, with our mod, should be flown by Virtual Thunderbird members. Our mod is free to use, but under the restrictions of its usage is that you agree to not publish any multimedia while using it. We reserve that right.

No one is preventing anyone from doing the same with a different sim and/or mod, but you will not see it happen under the name "Virtual Thunderbirds" nor with our mod. Hope that clarifies it. We're not trying to exclude anyone, but our name, logo and mod are property of the Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC and trademarked. Thunderbird jets are not however, so with no affiliation with our name or image (as created by us), feel free to do anything you'd like as a Thunderbird!

LD
Rotorblade

Post by Rotorblade » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:31 pm

STRIKER wrote:Rotor, if you do bud...count me in on one of the Tbird pilots!
Since the textures for the teams are already done the mod will only take a few minutes to peice together.

I just finished the first release of our new CF-18 mod and need to take a small breather.
Jonnyb

Post by Jonnyb » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:18 pm

:I wasnt typing fast. My keeboard is wireless and the batteries are low so it doesnt pick up all the letters:

Yea it just sounded like STRIKER was cutting out the oppertunities for everyone else who is not a VTB. Thats why i got mad because some of us may fell left out and just let the big guys do all the fun stuff.
WCD-01/WILDCAT

Post by WCD-01/WILDCAT » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:28 pm

lol wow i just wanted the picture, and maybe a little credit for coming up with the idea :oops: :) but ill also do this id like to have two members from each of the real virtual teams on LOCKON to do the pic and ill get 6 of my guys to do the pic in FS9 as well :D sound fair, and we will post them up here whenever it can get done