Copy Cats! some of those were just like thi site :shock:
[SH]Falcon

Post by [SH]Falcon » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:11 pm

What the hell... :shock:

See us,
Falcon
FALCON56

Post by FALCON56 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:53 pm

The site does look good but Im not going to start saying who copied who. It wouldnt be right...Both sites are good and the way I loook at it.. The more that want to do this the better off the chances are for those of us who are highly interested in flying on one of these teams. becuase having more teams out there your chances can increase to fly with one of them and maybe learn/ teach other pilots from other sites... Just another way to look at it...
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:09 pm

OK, I will say it.

The REAL Virtual Thunderbirds had their website up long before these guys, and the fact that the sim they use looks like the Flintstones notwithstanding, their website is absolute plagiarism. Can you say copy and paste?

Good luck to them with an impossible task of even coming close to Virtual Thunderbirds spare pilots, but copying the website is just wrong!!!
spaz

Post by spaz » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:52 am

the way i look at it is... there is only 1 Thunderbirds demo team, only 1 Blue Angel demo team actually flying. Therefore there should be only 1 virtual team for each... and since this website and these guys have been doing it for awhile (and 99.99999% have it perfected!) the other guys should come up with there own team name and continue to practice. there is plenty of room on the 'net for flight demo teams, but that would be like the Viper demo teams banding together in real life and becoming the Thunderbird2 demo team!
spaz

Post by spaz » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:55 am

and also....if you look in the gallery, first set of pics, 1st pic...

why are the nose wheels parked in the grass?!?!?!?!?!
Airshow fan

Post by Airshow fan » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:16 am

yeah I noticed that, I heard in Falcon 4, you can fly Thunderbirds (add on) and have your name on it.

(the Lock on Thunderbirds have a better looking mod)
red8jon

Post by red8jon » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:46 pm

Also, if you look in their galleries and at the pilots bio. They are pretty much exactly the same as the REAL virtual thunderbirds bios!
Shabo

Post by Shabo » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:36 pm

ok so after thumbing through their website, I see many similatrities in the two websites. For one thing I can honestly say that I love the LOMAC Virtual Thunderbirds website much more. Lets just say its upsetting to see another virtual team copy anothers web site, verbatum (sp). I dont know how the allied force team is gonna be able to compete, let alone come close to the LOMAC thunderbirds. If I were a LOMAC VTB I would be pissed for them copying you guys. Copyright anyone???? Well it will be interesting to see the Allied Force guys "fun-with-editing" video capture capabilities, being that there platform sucks for capturing videos. What do you do park a jet in the grass out in the feild to capture the show? And after seeing a video of there stuff so far, it remains to be seen if they can actually fly in allied forces old ass system. Im not impressed so far. Im sure this post will piss off some of the allied force guys, but you know what, who cares the REAL VIRTUAL THUNDERBIRDS WEBSITE CAN BE FOUND AT....
WWW.VIRTUALTHUNDERBIRDS.COM as far as I am concerned. Love ya guys love your show.....

-Shabo
Thumper
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Competition?!?!?!

Post by Thumper » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:50 pm

Seriously...competition? Checked out the site and their forums and noticed a post by Sinister. I really dont think the plagiarism he's referring to has anything to do with the AF Thunderbird skin. My guess is that it's more to do with the carbon copied bios, and a lot of the graphical aspects of their site. I guess that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but I think there is a lot more to be said for originality and...I dont know...ethics?

VTB has been open and given back more to the online formation flying community as a whole than any other group. If anyone asks them for help they do their best to give it without asking anything in return. This seems like a terrible way to pay back the kindness theyve shown to all of us. It wouldn't bother me a bit if there were a hint of originality...but this is ridiculous and disgraceful.

As far as I'm concerned, there is only one Virtual Thunderbirds team and they fly LOMAC. The "Virtual Virtual Thunderbirds"? WTF? Those other guys should just throw in the towel and chalk this whole thing up as a bad idea or a sick, twisted, experiment that has gone terribly wrong.

Thumper
Last edited by Thumper on Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shabo

Post by Shabo » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:58 pm

DIDDO DIDDO DIDDO, COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF.
Where are the ethics? I guess there are none over there with those guys. It remains to be seen, the REAL VTB'S that can be found here are the most generous guys as previously stated in other posts on this thread, it remains to be seen what the other guys are made of.

-Shabo
FALCON56

Post by FALCON56 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:30 pm

After finally being able to see the whole site and compare.. I would have to say that the other dude do need to come up with a new site all together or just scrap it... Yes at first, ( Im sure im going to take flak for this) I didnt want to open my mouth and start something, but now since the gloves are off , I really dont get why these guys cant come up with anything original.. I mean there is a thing called IMAGINATION...Maybe im wrong, but couldnt someone with it do a whole different design or set up? Yes it is a slap in the face to the original Virtual Thunderbirds... Its almost as if they were shaking the RVTBs right hand and getting ready to stab them in the back with the left hand...But intelligencs does alow for a change and i do apologize if I made anyone in this forum mad about not dissing these guys at first...
Shabo

Post by Shabo » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:38 pm

You sir are intitled to your opinoin and here, your posts wont be editied or deleted like what goes on over at the alleid force thunderbirds. Isnt what our boys and girls are fighting for daily over in other countries, our freedoms, LIKE FREE SPEECH!!!!! to edit or delete a post is just DOWN RIGHT WRONG. The men over here are truly good guys, and if your post doen get edited its only because of the way u said it, or the way you typed it in, NOT BECAUSE YOUR POST VOICES YOUR OPINION

-Shabo.....out
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:51 pm

LOL, even look at #5's sig, its upside down just like VTB. I gotta hand it to them though, they do have an actual F-16 cockpit for that Falcon 4.0