CD problems

Aviation & Simulation Topics
lieutfunaki

CD problems

Post by lieutfunaki » Thu May 19, 2005 5:25 pm

Got the flaming cliffs cd today...anyone else have problems with it? I reinstalled lockon fresh, disabled every program running, and put the cd in. The autorun screen comes up, but after hitting install, my computer thinks for a moment then freezes. I've tried 4 times. I've even tried clicking setup directly rather than the autorun option...

Am I the only one with this problem?
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be good.®

Athlon 64 3200+, 3 GB DDR 400, GeForce 7600GS 512MB, 21" monitor
Convertible
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Convertible » Fri May 20, 2005 1:43 pm

I had the same problem. Restarted a couple of times still nothing. I decided to be patient and let it run after hitting install. It took about 3 - 5 mins then the setup screen came up. I was then able to set it up without any issues. I don't know if it was a SF thing or not. My internet connections icons in the lower right corner were blinking like they were communicating with something. I was wondering if it was SF trying to connect to somewhere. Not sure. The setup file did come up though and I was able to install. Try some patience and see what happens. :wink:

Convertible
lieutfunaki

Post by lieutfunaki » Mon May 23, 2005 1:53 am

Thanks for the reply. I did the following, and one of them, or all of them helped:

1. error scan of all drives, and defrag
2. Virus scan
3. New CD-rom drive
4. Complete uninstall including anything the remotely resembled a lomac file
5. cleaned the cd

It worked. I suspect it was the cd drive. Not sure why the lomac 1.00 cd worked but not the flaming cliff cd, but I think it was the drive.

Burner

Post by Burner » Mon May 23, 2005 7:40 pm

It was any old LOMAC files, especially if you had the 1.1 Demo installed. I recommend anyone with similar problems read the install thread on the lockon.ru forums it was written by ED testers.

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=8112
TBT_Piper

Post by TBT_Piper » Tue May 24, 2005 5:56 pm

lieutfunaki wrote:Thanks for the reply. I did the following, and one of them, or all of them helped:

2. Virus scan
3. New CD-rom drive
5. cleaned the cd

It worked. I suspect it was the cd drive. Not sure why the lomac 1.00 cd worked but not the flaming cliff cd, but I think it was the drive.
So you got a new CD Drive just because the Russian can't program as well as American nerds? Sounds wasteful.
lieutfunaki

Post by lieutfunaki » Mon May 30, 2005 3:17 am

TBT_Piper wrote:
lieutfunaki wrote:Thanks for the reply. I did the following, and one of them, or all of them helped:

2. Virus scan
3. New CD-rom drive
5. cleaned the cd

So you got a new CD Drive just because the Russian can't program as well as American nerds? Sounds wasteful.

Gosh, seems like every thread I post in you have to mock me somehow...did I rattle your cage? Did I do something in my past life as a banana slug to piss off the gods of internet forums? I didn't get a new cd rom drive, I pulled one from the computer that is serving as a prop for my hotas at the moment. It's twice the speed of my current drive and I wasn't using it for anything. Hardly wasteful. Though I buy that old files may have been part of the problem, I do still believe that the fact that the drive just clicked and spun and made other weird noises had something to do with it...the drive was whack no matter how you look at it, and I refuse to justify further my reasons for swapping it out. It's a freakin cd rom drive, I can't believe this has become an issue of national security. :lol:

Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon May 30, 2005 11:16 am

lieutfunaki,

There will always be people who ask questions, contribute, argue or just feel they need to say something for the heck of it, reason or no reason. You can decide for your self which category some of the previous posts fall into.

Glad to hear you got 1.1 up and running!

LawnDart
TBT_Piper

Post by TBT_Piper » Mon May 30, 2005 4:39 pm

It is national security. You are a level 14 threat level to the CIA for having unknown out of country software.

Tell the whole story next time and I won't make myself look like an ass :).
STRIKER

Post by STRIKER » Mon May 30, 2005 5:04 pm

TBT_Piper,

Any post in forums of any related subject are always subject for interpretation. I think the overall point at least in our forum if you dont quite understand something is to ask about it before you judge or make any un-informed remarks. These forums are meant to help one another and answer any questions individuals might have with the Virtual Thunderbirds and all related areas. I understand certain frustrations people might have with 1.1 or any bugs/problems but I cannot stress the need to remain mature, calm, and professional when a misunderstanding is present. Happy contrails bud.

Flying the Friendly,