S! Virtual T-Birds

Aviation & Simulation Topics
TexVBA#6

S! Virtual T-Birds

Post by TexVBA#6 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:43 am

Hello ,
I have a question for the number five pilot but first I would like to tell you what an awesome site you have. While I was going through your site I noticed that the #5 is upside down and backwards and I also noticed that in a picture here on your site the #5 helmet is backwards while all other helmets face forward. I think its because the #5 pilot is the mirror or ghost of the #6 much like they fly all their manuevers but who better to ask than the virtual pilots who have studied their every last move. So I am looking for an official answer or hoping you can point me in the right direction in finding out why the #5 is upside down and backwards. Thanx in advance.

TEX
airchief

Post by airchief » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:34 pm

I am pretty sure it is becouse #5 spends a lot of the demenstation upside down.

AirChief
STRIKER
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by STRIKER » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:43 pm

I am pretty sure you are right!

Tex, #5 is the Lead Solo and just like the anouncers and airchief say that is because he spends most of his performance in the inverted position. As for the helmets on the wall I have talked to a former number five about that and it one small part of a long tradition with the team. #5 is a veteran spot on the team and since his number is upside down his helmet in this case is backwards on the shelf since putting it truely upside down here isnt good for the helmet. If you look closely you might find many other details with the Thunderbirds that are alittle different when it comes to #5.

5's clear,
SilverOne

Post by SilverOne » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:42 pm

lol striker a few days ago i looked at your sig and said : "is that 5 inverted ?"
after a few reviens i thought it was of the letter type , but i was definitlive wrong :D
[-]SilverOne[-] [- Best Regards