Screenshots of the new DCS: A-10C

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:37 pm

August update! :D

Wags posted an update on SimHQ which you can find in full HERE.
Wags @ SimHQ wrote:I had the opportunity to speak to DCS: A-10C Warthog Producer Matt "Wags" Wagner over the weekend about some of the latest developments of this highly-anticipated sim.

DCS: A-10C WarthogMatt provided the 10 brand new work-in-progress (WIP) images you see below that show good progress. Matt also confirmed that they are working on DirectX 11 implementation. How much implementation of DirectX 11 will be included remains to be seen and they are not going to say more until they are 100% sure of what will and won't be implemented. However, it's a good sign that Eagle Dynamics is planning for the future and take advantage of the latest hardware.

For those of you who do not have a DirectX 11 video card, no worries, because DCS: A-10C Warthog will still be supporting DirectX 9 and DirectX 10. But as more and more simulations become available with some degree of DirectX 11 optimization, the graphic benefits may be more than most of us can stand to live without. From now until year end, get used to seeing some graphical capabilities that will just not be possible in earlier than DirectX 11 GPUs. This goes for DCS: A-10C Warthog and for several other highly anticipated titles appearing in 4th quarter 2010.

Pictured in the 10 screenshots below is the Nevada (Nellis AFB) terrain. The Black Sea map is still deep in the upgrading process, but look for images of it in the coming weeks. We can also look forward to the next Glowing Amraam video that Matt assures me will be "amazing". Matt also indicated a lot of work is going into the Nevada airbases (yes, plural) and several of the Black Sea airbases. We hope to see images of these soon.

I asked Matt the question we all want the answer to — when? Like several of you, I was anticipating that all the new DirectX 11 stuff would cause a push back in the release date. Matt surprised me with the same energetic response he gave at the Thrustmaster HOTAS presentation — "absolutely 2010, unless some very unforeseen technical problem happens". So barring a "showstopper", expect DCS: A-10C Warthog to still be released in 2010 as we were told back in June. I'm guessing late, late 2010, but definitely before you head to the New Year's Party to ring in 2011.

And here's a big surprise that came out of our conversation. DCS: A-10C Warthog will include the ability to load multiple maps, not just the Black Sea map. This in conjunction with a new terrain SDK will allow 3rd party developers to create and import all new terrains into DCS without needing to overwrite the existing one. Perhaps we'll see a 3rd party cottage industry creating and selling new terrains for DCS. That's all Matt would say for now, so look for more details on this capability to be announced later on.

If you would like some new wallpaper of these screenshots, click here and go to the Downloads linked in the header graphic. In the full sized 1920 x 1080 screens, you can really see the additional terrain detail and the HDR lighting effects.

DCS: A-10C Warthog just gets better and better.

8)
Design is all about finding solutions within constraints.
Blaze

Nellis AFB Screenshots

Post by Blaze » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:32 pm

Wags @ ED wrote:Today we have some work-in-progress screen shots of Nellis AFB from the Nevada map. Although still under development with a fair amount of work still to be done (object placement, lights, and texture debugging), it's at the point that you can get a feel for the base and level of detail.

Yes, that's also a new F-15C model for DCS.

Unlike most other aspects of DCS: A-10C, the Nevada map has been a joint project between the Eagle Dynamics team, luckybob9, and Zimster.
:D
Grab

Post by Grab » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:34 pm

:shock:

:D :D :D

Can someone say Virtual Aviation Nation 2011?
Last edited by Grab on Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:36 pm

Well this is going to make for some very happy VTBs! :lol:
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:48 pm

Very drool-worthy!!! :P
Cobra
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Cobra » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:39 am

Finally a spiritual home for the VTB!
Ells

Post by Ells » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:29 am

Ha, I thought the same when I saw the TB hanger.

Can't wait to get this.
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:59 pm

Awesome!

If FC2 and DCS:A10 will become compatible, the Berkuts will certainly fly over and give a show at the Virtual Aviation Nation 2011! :lol:
Ells

Post by Ells » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:50 pm

Did someone say Red Flag...

Hmm, Typhoon and F-22 now there's a thought.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:12 pm

Ells wrote:Ha, I thought the same when I saw the TB hanger.
I finally found an "airplane hanger"... :wink:

Frazer

Post by Frazer » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:27 pm

ROFLMAO!!! :lol:
Ells

Post by Ells » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:57 am

Man I gotta get some of those LD.

Hell, I don't even mind paying the shipping to get them across the pond. LOL
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:55 am

Ells wrote:Man I gotta get some of those LD.

Hell, I don't even mind paying the shipping to get them across the pond. LOL
Just be sure you order hangers and not hangars, or the shipping across the pond could be a problem... :lol:
Ells

Post by Ells » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:02 pm

Haha, yeah!
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:48 pm