Becoming a Virtual Thunderbird
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:08 pm
We are a diverse group, primarily consisting of aviation professionals and enthusiasts alike, sharing a multifaceted skill set within flying and technology. It takes more than just superb flying ability to accomplish the Virtual Thunderbird mission; it takes outstanding support, unparalleled training, attention to detail and professionalism. We are always looking for dedicated and motivated team players. We hope you'll give us the opportunity to meet you, and answer any questions you may have.
- Must be 18 years of age to apply.
- Must be 20 years or older to be selected.
- Must reside in North America (excluding Alaska and Hawaii).
- Must not be part of any other virtual demonstration squad to be selected.
- Must be able to read, speak, write (legibly), and understand the English language.
- Must be able to regularly make practice hours (e.g. 22:00-24:00 Eastern).
- Must meet the following specs:
- Recommended gaming desktop requirements, no laptops
- High speed internet (e.g. cable, fiber optic or DSL)
- Gaming headset with microphone
- HOTAS flight controls (e.g. joystick, throttle, and rudders)
- PHASE I (INTRO FLIGHT). After submitting the application questionnaire we'll contact you for a for a meet and greet. This is important as it helps us get acquainted and break the ice. We'll also make sure your controls and sim are configured properly. Once airborne applicants are screened for basic formation flying skills and airmanship during the intro flight. Limited instruction & critique may be given during the intro sortie by current members of the Virtual Thunderbirds.
- PHASE II. Applicants are screened for their aptitude to learn parts of the flying syllabus in a reasonable amount of time, however, the most important part of this phase is for us to get to know you better and determine if you are a good fit for the team. Some of the things we look for in this regard include having a good attitude, dedication, maturity, discipline and commitment level needed to be part of the team.
- SEMI-FINALISTS. Based on phase I & II we handpick a few selectees as our Semi-Finalists, which whom we'll share additional information, downloads, SOPs and technique during remaining training sorties. This gives each individual semi-finalist a chance to further refine their formation flying skills using our guidance and resources before a final selection is made by the current members of the Virtual Thunderbirds. Once again, it's the right person for the team and not just the pilot with the right stuff we're ultimately looking for.
TO APPLY please complete the VTB Application Questionnaire and email it to email@example.com
- Due to the steep learning curve, please review the following topics:
On behalf of the entire Virtual Thunderbird squad, best wishes and we look forward to your application.