custom banners

Computer Topics
Tailhook
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

custom banners

Post by Tailhook » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:55 pm

Where do you get custom personal banners? I can't remember how I got mine which was a long time ago and cant dont know lol. Cause I want a custom banner like all these other people :( I feel jealous and left out :-/. Ehh
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:25 pm

Are you looking to add a signature to your posts at forums? Here's a simple How To on making and adding signatures to your posts.

Here's How:
Find the image you want to use and save it to your computer. Right click on the image and go to SAVE AS. Remember to save it someplace you can remember easily.
You now need to save the image on a website for it to work on the forum. Many of the people are using www.photobucket.com or www.imageshack.us. There are other sites out there you can use, but not all allow linking outside of their graphic site.
After your image is saved on your website, you need to bring the TAG/Address of the image to the forums which you are adding the signature to for html coding.
Log into the forum that you are going to use the signature at. To add an image go to your profile and add the TAG line in the signature box. It should say: [img](insert%20your%20link%20here)[/img].
Once you've added everything you want to your signature click on the update button located at the bottom of the profile window.
Our forum rules and policies allow for a maximum signature size of 750 x 150 pixels, although this varies between different forums. A safe bet is to use a signature no bigger than around 400 x 100 pixels for most forums. It's not meant to take up space or distract from the thread! Use an image editor to crop and/or resize as necessary to fit the dimensions required!
If you want to completely customize your signature image, you'll need to edit with an image editor such as PhotoShop where you can create layers, text, FX, transparancy, chroma and more.
To get one of these, you'll either have to do the work yourself or ask someone else nicely to do one for you. I recently read a post at http://forum.lockon.ru from a guy asking someone else to make a sig for him. You could try the same and then follow the instructions above to use it. The same instructions go for other forums. You need to host the finished image (observing max allowed size) somewhere else and then link it via html TAGS from your forum profile.

LD