Help with Ventrilo

Computer Topics
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:14 am

Yep, I understand! Things evolve too, so any "older post" could possibly be out dated, but in most cases very useful information regardless. Typically, it's mainly details in procedure and those of our real world counterparts that have become much more accurate for us over the past year and continue to do so. We're all learning and as far as rudder or throttle technique goes, I'm sure if someone posts a question we could give a much more in depth answer now than before. Just as the older responses are still valid, I'm sure we'll consider today's responses out dated too a year down the road... Evolution was the name and learning never stops, for anyone...

btw, nice quote you chose... I actually like the way that was phrased. Still couldn't put it in any better way today... ;)

LD
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:54 pm

Lawndart wrote:Yep, I understand! Things evolve too, so any "older post" could possibly be out dated, but in most cases very useful information regardless. Typically, it's mainly details in procedure and those of our real world counterparts that have become much more accurate for us over the past year and continue to do so. We're all learning and as far as rudder or throttle technique goes, I'm sure if someone posts a question we could give a much more in depth answer now than before. Just as the older responses are still valid, I'm sure we'll consider today's responses out dated too a year down the road... Evolution was the name and learning never stops, for anyone...

btw, nice quote you chose... I actually like the way that was phrased. Still couldn't put it in any better way today... ;)

LD
I'm glad you brought up your growing relationship with your real world counterparts. I've been meaning to ask you if your team has been able to aquire any of their actual reference material. Such as:

From "Summer Thunder"

I think I would give away my girlfriend to get a copy of those manuals :)
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:17 pm

Maybe we have something better than the manuals?! :wink:

btw, this thread has changed subject so many times already... did you get your Ventrilo issue sorted out?

LD
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:15 pm

Lawndart wrote:
btw, this thread has changed subject so many times already... did you get your Ventrilo issue sorted out?
I know, this one kinda turned into a conversation :wink:

Yes, I'm all squared away on Ventrilo thanks to everyones help.

About the reference materials...I guess I have to make the team b4 getting access?
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:36 pm

There are no references on black and white aside from our Ops Manual and similar sources, but let's just say that this info is accurate and anything we haven't read between the lines and figured out ourselves, we have reliable sources to turn to... :wink:

LD
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:17 pm

I had conversation with Striker on Ventrilo about this - he was a little vague, but it's obvious you guys have the kind of access us mere mortals only dream of...
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:35 pm

...and the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful and since we’ve no place to go. Let it go, let it go, let it go... Maybe we do, maybe we don't? It may be more than you know or it may not be as much as some think, but regardless don't give away your girlfriend! :wink:
Gunner wrote:I think I would give away my girlfriend to get a copy of those manuals :)
LD
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:00 am

...But I could add another 2 - 3 hours of practice daily :roll: