Track playback bug?

Computer Topics
Burner
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Burner » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:02 pm

Same here Vertible, but that doesn't mean it can't be a problem for someone else's installation.
Convertible

Post by Convertible » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:49 pm

Very true. Maybe I will count my blessings then. :D :D :D

Con
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:22 pm

Same for me! I've never had any problem saving or playing back a track on my end. This is the first time I've come across an issue with tracks. The mysterious my track plays fine for me on my puter, but on yours it doesn't and vice versa. Seems to only happen with a few people though, which leads me to believe it has to do with your Lock-On installation!

LD
BonJobie

Post by BonJobie » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:35 pm

Well, Phooey on you!!! :x

Bon
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:03 pm

Well, the same track that wouldn't play correctly on Bon's puter, played back just fine on Burner's puter. At this point, aside from different hardware, video cards, memory etc (and for whatever reason, mods or files, missing files in Lock-On), the main thing that sticks out is that both me and Burner use the Web version of "Flaming Cliffs" while Bon uses the CD version! This is not conclusive by any means, but again... brings it back to differences in installation. BTW, the file played perfectly fine for Burner after transferred compressed and zipped up. This theory will be tested shortly, if not it still comes back to differences in installations, but on a more complicated level...

LD
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:32 pm

Same topic discussed at Lock-On forums, click here!

Here's the most insteresting reply (from Bublik):
Bublik wrote:We have used recording and playing tracks extensively (as an aerobatic team). And never had any problems with the exception of cases where one party has the web version and the other has English CD version. Note, that it works perfectly between the web (English) and Russian CD, but not always between the web and English CD versions.