Training map

Computer Topics
RamRod

Training map

Post by RamRod » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:33 pm

Hello VTBs and forum!

It's good to be back again! My question is this, My friend and I want to fly online together but would like to fly the Flanker. We fly the VTB online training map and would like an identical one for the SU-27. Can anyone please help me with this. I really would like a map to download and install with modman, just like the VTB map, allowing me to fly Flankers. can anyone pretty pretty please help me with this?? I have never built a mission and I am totally lost.

Thanks,

Rod
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:23 pm

Number #1, you don't need to use ModMan, LoMan or any add-on software "organizer" to use a mission file. Just load it from Lock-On via any folder you choose to save them in.

Number #2, you can download the VTB mission files from our files page and load it in Single Player (use "open" instead of "network" from the main menu). Choose any of the 8 air groups labeled Thunderbird 1-8 and change the aircraft (from F-15) to the SU-27 for at least two of the air groups (if you want two SU-27's). Use the drop-down boxes and select the coalition/airplane. The air group name will change from the current "Thunderbird" to "AirGroupRUS1" or similar. You can edit the loadout, payload, fuel etc to your liking. You can do the same for all 8 air groups or as many as you like and delete the remaining ones from the VTB mission. Check that "Client" is listed as pilot for each air group since you're creating a Multi Player mission. Then use the main menu and save the edited file under a new filename. This way you'll retain the markers, but the air groups will be changed to your liking.

Hope this helps!

LD
RamRod

Post by RamRod » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:37 pm

Lawndart, let me take a moment and say thank you for taking the time to help a fellow simmer. Even though I only have 4 or so posts, I've been on this website since the start. You guys (VTBs and forum) have always been a class act and a wealth of knowledge, just wanted to say thanks and hope to fly with you all someday!

Rod
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon May 01, 2006 11:08 pm

Thank you! 8)