Buyin GT 7800 GTX

Computer Topics
SilverOne

Buyin GT 7800 GTX

Post by SilverOne » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:56 pm

Yeah i'm buyin it , but before i do i wanted to make shure i'm doin the right stuff .. i'll be buyin the 256 mg 1.... any comments :D
[-]SilverOne[-] [- Best Regards
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:58 pm

I doubt you'll see any benefit from a 512Mb card in comparison. I'd go for the 256Mb version myself. Just got two 7800 GT's 256Mb recently (SLI) and although they aren't the monster GTX's, I can live with triple digit fps in BF2 with everything maxed out. LOMAC is CPU bottlenecked, so the fps is much lower and SLI makes little or no difference; however, I still run everything on high with consistent movie quality frame rates. Guess what I'm trying to spell out is that a 512Mb card is just throwing money into a bottomless pit. Go with a 256Mb card! BTW, the card is huge so make sure you have room to expand!

LD
SilverOne

Post by SilverOne » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:01 pm

there ya go , here's the details =

MotherBoard = p5ad2 premium
Ram= two gigs
Drive= 250 gs
Sound card = creative extremefidelity : extreme music
Processor = Pentium socket 775 3.6
Cooler= Thermaltake Big water SE , with additional Cooller drive.
Video card = x600

ummm i might have to lower the disk , but no problems ...

btw i have a 460 wats power source, with those stuff + leds , i'll have to test it to see if it runs , but yeah i bet it fits there.

sry for the bad image quality it was taken tru qtek.

Yeah LD, i'll go by the 256 mg verssion , but the cooler of the 512 looks awesome :?

ANY coments about the PC looks 8)
Funky

Post by Funky » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:54 am

I have one of those GTX cards and this thing is almost as big as a license plate!

Silver, i have the same case as you do, or at least I think I do, if you have the Tsunami case by TT. I'll tell you right up front that the card is gonna go about one inch from your HDD compartment and literally past that HDD you have installed. In fact I'm pretty sure you'll have to move that HDD down to a lower compartment, especially if you dont want it to block the air circulation with the help of the 78', through your case.

But after all, all I'm saying is be prepared for a LARGE card. It fit in mine, and I'm sure it'll fit in yours. I'm even thinking about going for an SLI setup and adding another HDD to my system by 2007.

hope this helped a bit, if any at all...

Funky
SilverOne

Post by SilverOne » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:12 pm

K chanted the disk to the lower compartment

A sli config is vv good , i hear u get 80 boost.... but that's just nuts :?

yes it the same case
Rotorblade

eh!

Post by Rotorblade » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:22 pm

sweet!
Last edited by Rotorblade on Tue May 16, 2006 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:31 pm

Rotorblade,

The 7800GT's rock! SLI has little to no bearing on Lock-On, so in that regard you are correct. However, in newer games not bottlenecked by the CPU (such as BF2, Call of Duty etc) the frames per second are astronomical in SLI mode with settings maxed out. I agree that a single card with lotsa smash is better for Lock-On and then focusing on a really fast single-core processor with cache and plenty of ram. Is that setup the best for the future, probably not, but for Lock-On yes!

LD