X-52 Problem

Computer Topics
lqcorsa

X-52 Problem

Post by lqcorsa » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:30 pm

:evil: My X-52 HOTAS has got a prob now, and don't ask me when I'll stop having problems because I dunno. Every other time I use it the joystick power flickers on and off, but the throttle works just fine, and then eventually the joystick power goes off. I tryed plugging them into another USB, any thoughts would be great.
Jonnyb

Post by Jonnyb » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:47 am

yea i dont get that problem but i allso would like to know how to change the sesitivity of the joystick please if anyone has any comments.

jonny
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:43 am

About he sensitivity Jonnyb, Ill repeat what I have said in the "Cougar profiles and curves" topic.

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:05 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think a curve setting in between 3 and 3.5 (5 is default) for the pitch is the best combination between sensitivity at low g flight (straight and level) and when pulling around 4 g's. (loops and stuff)
In my opinion a curve setting to 4 like you guys use is too sensitive when flying loops and barrels. You will have the nose stamping effect when you correct to keep up and that doesn't look nice from the outside. The other thing you could do is putting the "shift" at 5.5. You will not use the full pitch axis for formation flying anyway. (ofcourse when you also fly solo's you probably do use that area) The roll and rudder settings are not that important but if your intrested, I have the Roll curve at 2, the D-zone at 0.4 and the shift at 5. For the rudder I have d-zone and shift like the roll and the curve at 2.5.
The other "new" thing what will give you the maximum control possible is the "joyrange" setting. It will be good to set that between 1000 and 3000. Check:viewtopic.php?t=632

I use the X52 and I usually fly the Su-27. The best settings can depend on what joy you are use and on what aircraft you fly.
Last thing, I have no D-zones on the joystick profiler.

TIP: don't change the settings all the time, give yourself the time to get used to your new settings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the problems with your X52 Iqcorsa, the flickering seems to be a problem of a bad connected or broken cable from your stick to your throttle. About the problem that the stick isn't responding and the throttle is working fine untill you reconect the usb cable into your computer is a known problem which i also have now and then. (But after reconnecting the stick is always working fine)
So if the stick doesn't work fine after reconnection i advice you to get a new cable.

Greetz,
Frazer
Jonnyb

Post by Jonnyb » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:34 am

so where do i change the sensitivity.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:35 am

Click here - profiles and curves thread

Each notch represents 10%, so when Frazer was referring to 3.5 for example he means 35% (or 3.5 notches) of the slider range in the settings for either curve or shift.

LD
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Sun May 28, 2006 2:26 am

But no ideas on my X-52 eh? I know this is a really late post, but know my X-52 stick wont even turn on. I'm using an old wingman attack 2 joystick and my X-52 throttle. Everything is configured. It's been stuck off for a couple months now, and I've emailed Saitek twice and I havent gotten any responses, (but I didn't but if from them). Do you think its worth just sending back to the place I got it or what?... Maybe this can be fixed from home?
SilverOne

Post by SilverOne » Wed May 31, 2006 7:20 pm

i don't have an x-52 but...

want my oppinion ? don't try fixing it, unless you know what you're doing (which i doubt, or you wouldn't be askin for help), otherwise you'll probably ruin the joystick actualy , i think if you just open it, no more warranty... not shure.

just send it back to the place you bought it from, you can't fly with it, so your best shot is to just send it to the place you bought it from.
[-]SilverOne[-] [- Best Regards
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Wed May 31, 2006 10:17 pm

That sounds like the only option I have left...

I finally got my email back from Saitek and they talked about disabling something in my device manager, and that didn't help. So I guess I've dont all I can do. Thanks for the advice anyway though SilverOne.
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Been there...

Post by Gunner » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:12 pm

Iqcorsa-
Sorry to be the one to tell you, but the problem you are having is nothing new - at least to me.
I am on my fourth X-52 because of exactly what you described. Thank God I got Comp USA's extra warrantee so I can bring it back no questions asked.
This last replacement has been OK for six months, so I think I finally got a good one. I'm happy with it, but of course now I must get a cougar...
STRIKER
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Re: Been there...

Post by STRIKER » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:15 pm

Gunner wrote:Iqcorsa-
Sorry to be the one to tell you, but the problem you are having is nothing new - at least to me.
I am on my fourth X-52 because of exactly what you described. Thank God I got Comp USA's extra warrantee so I can bring it back no questions asked.
This last replacement has been OK for six months, so I think I finally got a good one. I'm happy with it, but of course now I must get a cougar...
Perhaps its time to move up to the Hotas Cougar there Gunner. Just a thought
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:36 pm

Yeah my buddy is having the same problem now.... I heard Saitek wasn't very good with joysticks. I think its time for a cougar. Savin my pennies!!!
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:50 pm

Striker -
You are absolutely right, but until I can pony up the cash for a Cougar and FSSB mod, am I wasting my time with the X-52?
STRIKER

Post by STRIKER » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:25 pm

I wouldnt say your wasting time at all with the x52. I actually made the switch from the Saitek X36 to the Hotas Cougar a while ago. Having that backround with any stick with the sim is important although the HOTAS Cougar allows you to further refine your flying as if in real life. I am with you 100% on getting the FSSB mod as well but if youre having trouble getting it all at once then buy the HOTAS Cougar now and get used to the feel of the stick as a whole and then make the next step to the FSSB. Thats pretty much what a majority of the team has done and it has worked out great so far. Just remember, any transition you make to another stick or mod takes a couple weeks of getting used to. Good luck!
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:36 pm

Thanks Striker,
I installed the VTB mod 24 days ago, and I can't think about anything else. I practiced with AI up until last monday when I purchased another copy of LOMAC and set up a multiplayer LAN. I have the monitors side by side on my desk so I can fly both, and I can have the Boss fly straight & level, or do some gentle turns. I get better with every flight, but have a long way to go. I have so much respect for you and the whole team, you guys are awesome! Another 3 or 4 hundred hours of practice & I'll be flying with you. :wink:
Burner

Post by Burner » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:40 pm

Nice setup Gunner, keep up the solo practice. It pays huge dividends when you go up for the real thing. I went through about 10hrs of single player practice b/f discovering the early hyperlobby form-flight servers.

See you in the air,