TERRIBLE PITCH PROBLEMS!!

Computer Topics
maximmelman

TERRIBLE PITCH PROBLEMS!!

Post by maximmelman » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:42 am

I been flying lock on for awhile and have one big problem. The pitch on my airplanes maneuvers like a diving board, any change in pitch and my plane ocilates about the pitch axis. This makes it very hard to do any precision maneuvers, generally all the axis's could use a little tightening up, i've tried tweaking the settings on both my stick and in the game. I'm sure i don't no what i'm doing also maybe their are some specific profiles for an X 52 stick i'm not aware of any help from you flying geniuses would be greatly apreciated! Thanks
Rock
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Rock » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:25 pm

Hi Maximmelman I think the pitch sensation that you are feeling is something that we all feel. It is often refered to as "head bob" and compounds itself with the sensitivity of the pitch. It has taken me a long time to adjust to this and smooth it out.

One thing that may help you is to go into your "Lockon Folder-Config Folder-View Folder" and look for the file named "view.lua." Open this file with notepad and change the line that says cockpitnymove=true to cockpitnymove=false. It may smooth out the head bobbing and oscillating that you are feeling. If you don't like the adjustment simply change the word false back to true.

Now in saying the above anytime you are making a move vertically where pitch is involved the inputs have to be extremely gentle and matched with lead. I am at the point now where I simply "lean" on the stick as we go up into loops and rolls. Coming from Falcon 4.0 and endless hours of combat simulation I can honestly say that the precision required for this kind of flying is the highest possible. So with that in mind I have had to go from yanking and banking to gentle inputs and adjustments. It sounds simple but takes a great deal of practice and will come with time. Good luck and hope that helps.