Camel's Performance Problems

Computer Topics
Teej
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Teej » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:24 pm

One other thing I remember from playing with my vid card...ocing it...you'll suffer a massive frame loss if it starts to overheat...and may not recover without a reboot. I had symptoms just like yours when I pushed the GPU too hard.
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:16 pm

I went from a 8800GTX to my current GTX 260 and found rather quickly that the PSU I had was not up to snuff, later to figure out that I was a good 6 Amps short on my rails. Got a better PSU and bam, I was cooking with gas.
Phantoms Phorever!
Joker

Post by Joker » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:39 pm

Sweet! Thanks guys I'll try that out for sure, I'll order some new RAM as well and let y'all know the results 8) The help was much appreciated! :D
Joker

Post by Joker » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:34 pm

Well today my computer wouldn't run software for more than 2 minutes after startup. The programs would stop responding and my computer would just idle, not sure what the causes of that was, in the end I restored my computer to a few days after reinstalling Windows 7.
Ells

Post by Ells » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:37 pm

MS had a big update a couple of days ago with Windows 7, had same kind of problem ever since and reverted back to an earlier backup point and selected not to install the MS updates. Been fine since I did.
Joker

Post by Joker » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:31 pm

Thank you Ells! The problem of Windows being unresponsive 2 minutes after login seemed to be coming from a service or software I had installed. I booted up Windows in "Clean Boot" mode to see if it was the case, and what do ya know? No problems. It probably didn't help that I had 3 anti-virus programs installed, who knows. But that's what my problem derived from.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:12 pm

Joker wrote:It probably didn't help that I had 3 anti-virus programs installed, who knows.
3???!!! :shock:

One is usually enough to bog down your puter considerably, besides these programs aren't designed to run in multiples, pick one!

There's no fix for stoopid. ;)
Joker

Post by Joker » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:13 pm

Installed a new PSU.

This one to be exact: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... ULT-LSP650

I have noticed that my games run much smoother. There's very little hitching now, but the FPS are still awful at times. Call of Duty Black Ops is now playable, but there is only little improvement on my games. Is there a way I can monitor my RAM to check for hitching or if my CPU is hitching?

Also, Lockon and FSX have had no performance changes since the install of the PSU.

Update: I reinstalled the ram, It's now running in dual channel mode. I than ran "Memtest" and found no errors on the memory. The performance increased slightly more after that. So at this point I'm thinking it's my CPU. In my games it always seems to take a little bit to load textures/lighting/objects.
Joker

Post by Joker » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:17 am

Update: I haven't had the time to update my issue, but in the end, it was the CPU that was really bringing my system down. I upgraded to an AMD AM2+920 2.8Ghz CPU from the Phenom 9600 I previously had installed. Now my computer is able to take advantage of every piece of hardware I have installed.

AMD AM2+ 920 2.8Ghz: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... CatId=3496