Flashing textures in LOMAC

Computer Topics
dudeman750

Flashing textures in LOMAC

Post by dudeman750 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:47 pm

Hi,

Myself and others have been having issues with flashing textures in LOMAC FC 1.12

I get the ocean flashing, and recently strange polygons in the distance. I am using the latest nvidia drivers and a Gigabyte 275GTX OC.

Anyone else have this? I'm thinking about loading an older driver to see if it helps. My 9800 didn't do this.

I'm a bit worried that it's memory overclock, but it could be a driver thing too.

Thought this might be a good place to ask.

Dudeman
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:04 pm

Have you tried "All Planar" shadows?

Turn down shadows from "Full" in game settings down one level to "All Planar". The case is that full shadows do not work with modern drivers and old (enough) drivers don't work with modern cards.
dudeman750

Post by dudeman750 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:47 pm

Ya, thanks LD I am using that setting per past threads I've read, and our setting up for VFAT 09.

I'm now thinking it's a mod I'm using because I can get another system with ATI to do similar things.

Thanks for the input bud. It's strange that it progressively gets worse on my core i system though when I snap view around and back and forth from the control panel to ouside and back.

And I have 1/2" of water on the bottom of the screen in external view. Wierd. Might be time for a clean install.