nHancer settings for Lock On Flaming Cliffs 2.0?

Computer Topics
EagleReid

nHancer settings for Lock On Flaming Cliffs 2.0?

Post by EagleReid » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:45 pm

Evening.

Today is my B-day :) and I was informed that I have my own brand new ($20-thank Ebay :lol: ) copy of Lock On Flaming Cliffs 2.0 headin' this way!

Well, as soon as this bad boy gets in that mailbox and I run to it in slow motion with a beautiful "We Are the Champions-Queen" playing, I will get the game and run back and begin the install. Any install recommendations or tips (such as must have such and such installed? I'm using W7, any extra precautions with StarForce or what have you?)?

Question:
Does any have the nHancer settings for FC2? If so, can you possibly screenshot them? Thanks.

Eagle
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:51 pm

Certainly not nHancer but... Remove. Dynamic. Head. Roll. (ugh)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=8 ... ostcount=4
EagleReid

Post by EagleReid » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:28 pm

Beaker wrote:Certainly not nHancer but... Remove. Dynamic. Head. Roll. (ugh)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=8 ... ostcount=4
Hi, Beaker. I haven't any idea what you're talking about as I don't have FC2 yet. As I said, I was told someone bought it for me for my b-day today so just waiting on it to arrive. ;) I also do NOT have black shark.

Eagle
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:47 pm

Has nothing to do with Black Shark... When you get the sim, definitely disable the head roll. It's completely killer for TIR especially.
EagleReid

Post by EagleReid » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:21 pm

Thanks, Beaker for the advice. I just saw in that post that it's for BlackShark. Thanks, m8.
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:44 pm

No problem man! DCS:BS and FC2 both run on the latest "Fighter Collection Engine..." So a lot of the file architecture and inner workings are the same.
EagleReid

Post by EagleReid » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:46 pm

Affirmative. Do you like FC2 for formation and what have you? How's it suit you? Tell me what I want to hear, and feel free to throw in some bad things if you must. ;)

I would like to get my hands on some nHancer settings, anyone. :lol:
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:04 am

Love it, it's great. The newer engine really improves basic handling at higher airspeeds. There's plenty of little things that ED tends to look over that are annoying though... like semi-transparent jets at far distances.
EagleReid

Post by EagleReid » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:24 pm

Beaker,

With this semi-transparent jet issue, does it effect an aerobatic show? VBA in specific.

I ask because I'm sure it'd look rather akward seeing your solos out there with a little transparency and the diamond is going: :shock: . Hehe.
I assume it's not a terrible problem. Maybe it could be fixed with some tweaking.
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:24 pm

If you zoom in enough, it's always there... very annoying. Not a dealbreaker, but it seems insane that we can't adjust it not to occur. Some self-lit TGA textures will show through others at range as well.
EagleReid

Post by EagleReid » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:24 pm

That's kind of upsetting regarding this transparency issue.
As they say, before it was perfect, it had flaws. Let's just hope FC2 reaches perfect ;).

It'd be much appreciated if you could possibly spare a picture of this transparency issue.

In addition, this thread has gone way of subject thanks to me so if a VTB Forum Member could change the subject to match the discussion (good luck :lol: ) then that'd be nice. I'll just wait till I get the game to see if I need nHancer in the first place. :idea: