The New Intel Core™ i7 and Simulations

Computer Topics
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

The New Intel Core™ i7 and Simulations

Post by Lawndart » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:21 am

SimHQ Review: The New Intel Core™ i7 and Simulations

Good article and benchmark tests. What kind are you running in your new rig again, Gunner?
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Re: The New Intel Core™ i7 and Simulations

Post by Gunner » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:47 pm

Lawndart wrote:SimHQ Review: The New Intel Core™ i7 and Simulations

Good article and benchmark tests. What kind are you running in your new rig again, Gunner?
My new system runs a Core i7 920 overclocked to 3.9Ghz on chilled water for everyday use, I've had it stable at 4.4Ghz, but my chiller never turns off.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:02 pm

What are the rest of your specs (mobo, ram, GPU)? Trying to recall which brands/series you got for your new video card, and mobo...

I'm thinking about building a new rig (later this year possibly). I'll likely need a new one for MW2 if I'm going to play on a big screen. I'm leaning towards the Core i7 and a new flashy Nvidia GeForce GTX 275 (series). Trying to be cost effective by looking at the second/third to best components, instead of flushing Benji's down the toilet just to sport the newest stuff. If you don't mind posting your complete computer specs, I'd appreciate it as a reference.
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:23 pm

Lawndart wrote:What are the rest of your specs (mobo, ram, GPU)? Trying to recall which brands/series you got for your new video card, and mobo...

I'm thinking about building a new rig (later this year possibly). I'll likely need a new one for MW2 if I'm going to play on a big screen. I'm leaning towards the Core i7 and a new flashy Nvidia GeForce GTX 275 (series). Trying to be cost effective by looking at the second/third to best components, instead of flushing Benji's down the toilet just to sport the newest stuff. If you don't mind posting your complete computer specs, I'd appreciate it as a reference.
The Core i7 is plugged into an ASUS PT6 Mobo,
Superclocked EVGA Nvidia GTX 275 which also overclocks nicely,
6 Gb Crucial Ram
Soundblaster X-Fi Fatal1ty sound card
OCX 1000 watt power supply
Enzotech Luna Waterblock
ViaAqua 1/2 HP polarbear chiller
Variety of SATA drives totaling 2.7 TB