Low FPS

Computer Topics
Joker

Low FPS

Post by Joker » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:29 pm

Hello. I have been trying to figure out why I have been getting low fps in lockon for quite some time now. It's not just in lockon but in other games too. Below are my computer specs. Maybe I need to buy new this or that? Let me know what I need to do in order to increase my fps. Any help is appreciated thank you.

Note: The reason for the long list of specs is because this has been going on for some time now and I'm just trying to resolve this.

RAM Specs:
GPU Specs:
GPU Specs Cont.:
CPU Specs:
Operating System:
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:15 pm

Have you tried to do a complete format already?
Joker

Post by Joker » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:19 pm

Oh yea. I've had to format for a lot of reasons over the last 8 months. I've probably t4-5 times at least. I have seen no difference. Maybe 2 frames more in XP then Vista but that's it. What's odd about it is this:

They have the same exact card... And that's with fraps running. So I don't think it's my GPU.

Also I noticed the motherboard memory bus width and the front side bus properties were both 64-bit. I am running 32-bit. If that has any relevance on what I should be running for an OS.

UPDATE: Thank to Rhino I have discovered the base of my problem. My MOBO is made from dell. And the Intel CPU is 4+ years old. So I have decided to buy a new CPU/Mobo combo. Thanks Rhino!

Combo:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... u=B69-3055
Sweeper

Post by Sweeper » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:11 am

Maybe it would help when you shut down some unnecessary running programs?
Joker

Post by Joker » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:57 pm

Sweeper wrote:Maybe it would help when you shut down some unnecessary running programs?
Yea. I always exit everything except LockOn and Ventrilo when flying. I've been due for a new CPU/Mobo for sometime now anyways. :wink: