Computer Topics
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

NVIDIA To Bring SLI to Intel 'Bloomfield' CPUs

Post by Lawndart » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:53 pm

Think I just started eyeing my new rig to be... (come winter maybe)! :wink:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/io_1216019719164.html

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2325658,00.asp

“What a great, great move, the ability to have 3-way SLI, with Intel Bloomfield CPUs. The combination will break all the existing performance barriers and deliver a whole new user experience. The wait is over...”

“The pairing of the NVIDIA nForce® 200 SLI MCP with Intel’s new Bloomfield CPU and Tylersburg core logic chipset will deliver NVIDIA 3-way SLI technology for an unmatched PC gaming experience, providing up to a 2.8× performance boost over traditional single graphics card platforms. When playing the most cutting-edge games, including current titles such as Crysis and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, 3-way SLI technology lets gamers ratchet up the resolution to 2500 × 1600, while turning on all of the tasty eye candy, including high-dynamic range lighting, motion blur, and realistic environmental effects.
Convertible
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Re: NVIDIA To Bring SLI to Intel 'Bloomfield' CPUs

Post by Convertible » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:55 pm

Lawndart wrote:Think I just started eyeing my new rig to be... (come winter maybe)! :wink:

Can I have your old one then??? ha ha :) :lol: 8)

Con
STRIKER

Post by STRIKER » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:01 am

Hey Con,

If you need to update your computer I got my Commodore 64 on ready alert for ya! :wink:
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:10 am

Convertible wrote:Can I have your old one then??? ha ha :) :lol: 8)
Wishful thinking! Same goes for me buying a new rig anytime real soon after my recent shopping spree. :|

I'm always "window shopping" for new computer parts no matter if I can only afford Ramen noodles at the moment. That's life as a tech junkie! 8) :wink:
STRIKER wrote:If you need to update your computer I got my Commodore 64 on ready alert for ya! :wink:
Aren't those Commodores antiques... Oh, wait some PCs are too! :mrgreen:
Convertible

Post by Convertible » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:12 am

Hey your Commodore might beat my rig... :( I'll take your Commodore tho too. I bet I could get a pretty penny from some antique collectors for it. Maybe enough to upgrade! LOL! :lol: :lol:
Joker

Post by Joker » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:51 pm

Lawndart wrote:I'm always "window shopping" for new computer parts no matter if I can only afford Ramen noodles at the moment. That's life as a tech junkie! 8) :wink:
Same here. I have been spending so much money on computer parts. Just recently upgraded my video card to the Nvidia 9600 GT Superclocked at 657 mhz. With 512mb Of DDR2 Memory. 1800Mhz for speed on that. Getting a new power supply soon. And a new mic =) After that I'm going for a new pc fan. Possibly water cooling