So what would cause my TIR to stop working... FIXED

Computer Topics
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

So what would cause my TIR to stop working... FIXED

Post by Panther » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:37 pm

Any ideas?? It works fine in F4AF but when in Lockon no movement what so ever.

Already tried the Windows fix all miracle "reboot." Restarted TIR software and disconnected the TIR USB. Still no luck :oops:

I get the 4 red leds, 1 green and 1 blue while in game. I have the TIR4 Pro clip (visor).

Q: "Help! My TrackIR doesn't work. How do I fix it?
A: Lock On 1.12a has a bug where the TrackIR sometimes stops responding. To correct this, delete the TrackIR.ini file in the \Lock On\Input folder and the TrackIR file (no extension) in the \Lock On\Input folder. These files will be recreated when you next start Lock On and the TrackIR should work again."
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:49 am

Straight from our newly posted STICKY thread; this "eliminates" the problem: VBA Forums: Starting LockOn with a bat file; graphics.cfg & trackir.ini fix

Anytime you save your options in game, these files are re-written and things get messed up. Talon's fix works well.
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:54 am

Yeah I posted the question before I did a really thorough search of all areas. Basically I was pulling my hair out and not using me head. I put the fix in the thread for anyone else and that bat file is now created too.