Microsoft Announces Windows Vista Release Date

Computer Topics
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Microsoft Announces Windows Vista Release Date

Post by Lawndart » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:30 am

At least the corporate version. Here's one of many news articles posted online: http://www.gameshout.com/news/microsoft ... le8522.htm

Personal home computers won't see the latest OS from the computer giant until January of next year at the earliest still, but it will likely change the computer landscape for some time to come once it does hit the shelves. (Just give it a service pack or two! ;)).
Burner
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Burner » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:37 am

Yeah I'm not touching it until it has at least one service pack under its belt and the gaming experience is significantly better in a whole host of games.
SilverOne

Post by SilverOne » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:46 pm

several users have been having troubles installing vista... i'm even scared of installing it on my own computer.

most of the times it damages BOOTMGR, when you try to run vistas restaure thru your sistem the vista CD/DVD, it gives a stupid error since the administrator pass never works.

since vista will probably rename your xp to windows.old if you install it at the same disk, windows XP will not recognise the installation, so no windows xp restaure too!

i had my friend install it on his own pc, and it installed at the wrong disk for some stupid reason.
[-]SilverOne[-] [- Best Regards
StarScream

Post by StarScream » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:08 pm

ive got an MSDN subscription and i installed vista.. and my p4 3ghz, with 2 gigs of ram and 256 PCIE graphics card could only JUST handle vista.. so i hope anyone who buys it makes sure they're computers are ready for it...