"Notify me when a reply is posted" - INOP

Computer Topics
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

"Notify me when a reply is posted" - INOP

Post by Lawndart » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:02 am

To all forum users: The "Notify me when a reply is posted" option and checkbox (found on the "post reply" screen) is currently not functioning properly. Sometimes intermittent, other times not at all. I'm not quite sure why, but it certainly has to do with our webhost and its SMTP server. Timeouts and failed attempts keep flooding the "catch all" email (webmaster email). For some reason it sends multiple "failed attempt delivery" msgs bouncing back to the server (occasionally even if the msg was delivered to its recipient). When I find more time, I'll look into it, but for now here are some tips:
  • There's no guarantee that when checking the "Notify me when a reply is posted" box that you will receive an email notifying you of new posts.
  • It would help not to use this function to the extent possible, unless you need to, as it floods the "catch all" email (webmaster email) with failure to deliver msgs.
  • If you decide to use the function anyway, make absolutely sure your email address is up-to-date and current in your forum profile!
Thank you all!
LD