On a lighter note...

Discussions about Cockpits, Joysticks & Setups
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

On a lighter note...

Post by Gunner » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:47 pm

I have a buddy that has been giving me a little sh*t about the time I'm putting in practicing, and the obsession the VTB thing is becoming for me.

Yesterday, my girlfriend told him I'm ordering Nomex gloves for my Cougar, & he sent me this little cartoon he drew at the office this morning. :lol: :lol:

Last edited by Gunner on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonnyb

Post by Jonnyb » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:21 pm

LMAO

He even drew the TrackIR on the monitor.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:18 pm

ROFL Gunner... In a nutshell... just like the VTB! :lol: ...that includes a couple of nomex gloves and deerskin flight gloves as well, ha ha!

LD

P.S. If you have your stick on the desk (as the bad-ass drawing shows), don't... elbow support and a sidestick HOTAS setup will save you a lot of frustration down the road. Time to move that joystick off to the side of your seat! :wink:
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:06 pm

LD-
Nice tip - I've thought about that before, but not sure how to mount them. Unfortunately, I'm tied to using my desk cause I work at home & use the same monitor for my office system using a KVM switch. I think I read in one of your posts that you have a cockpit - was that literal or figurative?
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:43 pm

I wish! :P Figuratively speaking I have a pit. Just like you, I use a computer desk, since I have multiple monitors hooked up, mainly for multimedia and editing, but I also use the same rig for gaming. When I do, I just use a recliner instead of my office chair (ok, so normally I use the recliner all the time...;))... Off to each side of the armrests of the recliner, I have a bar stool that I measured and cut the legs down to a height that allows me to have my forearms on the armrests perfectly aligned with the HOTAS Cougar and that's where the Kitty resides!:)

It's not the best setup, since it's not entirely fixated, but good enough to continue using the computer for every day kind of stuff and hold a steady formation in Lock-On as well whenever needed!

LD