Proud owner of a new Kitty - but no x64 drivers

Discussions about Cockpits, Joysticks & Setups
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Proud owner of a new Kitty - but no x64 drivers

Post by Gunner » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:25 pm

Picked up my Cougar today from CompUSA - Sweet sticker :D :D :D
However...
I spent all day trying to install it on my 64 bit system. TM still has no 64 bit driver - No help at Thrustmaster, and not a lot of help at Cougar World. There is a line you are supposed to be able to add in the Foxy tmj file:
USE HWSTARTUP (EMULATION_ON, AXIS_MODE_USER, CALIBRATION_MANUAL)
According to a few guys on Cougar World forums, if you have a 32 bit system to do the programing(which I do), you can then switch the HOTAS to another system.
In theory, it's supposed to load your profile when the cougar is powered up regardless of the machine it's on.
So far, I can't get it to work...the X, Y, and throttle axis work, but no buttons. :?
Anyone here solved that one?
Last edited by Gunner on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rotorblade

Re: Proud owner of a new Kitty - but no x64 drivers

Post by Rotorblade » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:05 pm

Gunner wrote:I spent all day trying to install it on my 64 bit system. TM still has no 64 bit driver - No help at Thrustmaster, and not a lot of help at Cougar World.
Anyone here solved that one?

Reinstall with Windows 32 Bit and you won't have any issues.
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Re: Proud owner of a new Kitty - but no x64 drivers

Post by Gunner » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:50 pm

Rotorblade wrote: Reinstall with Windows 32 Bit and you won't have any issues.
I know, but I really would like to avoid reformatting & all that. This is the 1st piece of hardware I have found that has no 64 bit drivers :cry:

P.S. Sorry I was a little slow getting Ventrilo to work for me, I think I finally got it figured out right after you all went to bed...
Rotorblade

Post by Rotorblade » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:23 am

I went through a lot of work myself and was hell bent on having Windows 64 bit on my PC and after a week or two of messing around and not being comfortable with the lack of 64 bit support with some of my favorite Apps I decided Windows 64 bit was not worth it if a person is going to game. Besides, I ran plenty of benchmarks and a few 64 bit version games such as Half-life 2 and the software didn't run any better then if I was running Windows 32bit. That should be enough to tell you that there is something wrong about Windows 64. It really is only for the truly 64bit optimized applications and for the professional who absolutely needs the 64 OS for mission critical tasks.

No problem about last night, we have a teammember bythe nick "Gunner" and we knew you weren't him cus you weren't talking right away. By the way, you should fly with us tonight if you get a chance. We will be on ventrilo and have a couple 2 hour practice sessions.
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:20 pm

An Update:
I did go & buy another hard drive & set up a fresh 32 bit system(I didn't want to trash the 64 bit 'cause I'd had it running for 9 months & didn't want to lose everything I'd tweaked).

Installed LOMAC, the VTB mod, Cougar, and everything is perfect.

The first time I switched back to the 64 bit drive, the cougar was perfect with all the VTB programing. :D :D

So now I can use the Kitty on either system :!: