HOTAS Cougar CCP setup

Discussions about Cockpits, Joysticks & Setups
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

HOTAS Cougar CCP setup

Post by Lawndart » Thu May 25, 2006 4:37 am

This may help clarify how to setup and check your Cougar before each practice. I know I've been asked this on more than one occasion, so here's some info. This is the way you should have your CCP or Cougar Control Panel configured. The yellow highlighted items should be checked and before flying all you do is hit the BIG RED BUTTON. (Now, where have I heard that before?). When it's green it means you've enabled the Foxy programming that's already stored in the Kitty's memory bank. I'll leave Foxy for a different time, but as long as the download was made at some point to the flash memory containing the button assignments, hitting the red button and turning it green is all you need to do aside from taking a glance that the "yellow" items are shown as depicted below and you'll be good to go!

It won't hurt to re-cal the stick once in a while either, in case the mechanics of a spring/gimbal/pot system or the force sensor plate actually shifts physically inside the joystick after extended periods of usage. The raw calibration data however, is stored in numbers in the .ccf file you save after completing your "manual calibration".

CCP: Startup & Calibration tab