The V1 computer gaming chair

Discussions about Cockpits, Joysticks & Setups
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

The V1 computer gaming chair

Post by Lawndart » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:35 pm

Cinch showed me this link. It speaks for itself! Of course, a pit would be better for flying and securing the joystick more solid, but this is a cool sollution for all your gaming needs or workspace! Dream on, dream on...

http://thev1chair.com/

LD
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:38 pm

Very nice but i'm gonna build my own cockpit^^ Much cheaper too! :wink:
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:20 pm

Speaking of... Burner, how's your homebuilt coming along? We're gonna need to see some pics soon! :lol: :P
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:55 am

Yeah same here, LOTSA money though :? . Not to mention most home builds are airline transport cockpits.
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:54 am

I will build a cockpit somewhat like this guy did http://home.12move.nl/~sh601397/ only better 8)
I will use a front seat from a car. That is confortable, easy, adjustable and cheap (will get it from a car-graveyard). The stuff i will use is the HOTAS Cougar with the FSSB R1 mod, the CH rudder pedals Pro, Track IR 4 pro and a 19 inch or 21 inch screen. I also want to use 3 keyboards, 1 infront of you and 2 on the side, infront or behind the controls. I'm still looking to find a way to do that (maybe someone can tell me if it is possible to use 3 keyboards).
I will not make any instruments because i think that is a waste of money for a non-airline pit (you already see the instruments on your screen). The idea is to build a pit which is cheap but where you have the "feeling" you really are in a cockpit.
I will photograph every stage of building the pit, and put it online so that other ppl can build it too.
I will start the project in July.
Greetz,
Frazer