Rudder Pedals?

Discussions about Cockpits, Joysticks & Setups
Rotorblade

Post by Rotorblade » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:03 pm

Convertible wrote:I would disagree. I just started to use rudder pedals, TM Elite, about 3 weeks ago with my Cougar. I have found that it takes one more movement out of my hand and put it somewhere that was just sitting on the floor. I like them! :D In my time on the team trying to pull the stick, turn on smoke and add rudder as needed all with the same hand was much more complicated then turning smoke on with one hand, pulling with the other and using rudder with your feet. I personally, after 3 weeks with pedals, find that I would be at a total loss now without them. But everyone has their own opinion. Best of luck to you. I do like the Elite pedals too by the way. Pick them up on ebay. 8)

Convertible
I would definately agree with what you said about taking one more fine movement out of what your right hand already has to do. I have found that it is just taking a little time and practice for me feet to get into the routine of doing the dance steps through the solo stuff. :) I think it's a lot of fun, but I still seem to nail stuff a bit better with my rudder axis on my flight stick. I feel though that I can make much finer adjustments with the pedals, but I can be faster with the stick rudder. I'll keep working on my pedals :)

I am using the Logitech Force GP Wingman pedals from the steering wheel set and they work good for what I need, but I will upgrade in the future. I wanted a cheap investment first in order to figure out what I really need and why. I think I paid $30 on ebay with shipping for the steering wheel and pedals set, plus I can putz around with my rally racing. :)
http://www.force-dynamics.com/