Speedmaster Flight (Flight Sim Seat)

Discussions about Cockpits, Joysticks & Setups
Igor4U

Speedmaster Flight (Flight Sim Seat)

Post by Igor4U » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi All,

My first post as a new Virtual T-Bird Forum member.

Looking for anybody that has first hand experience with Speedmaster's Speedmaster Flight (Flight Sim Seat Setup). It is designed to be paired with Thrustmaster's Warthog HOTAS Throttle and Control Stick:

Speedmaster Flight (Simulator Chair)
http://www.speedmaster2.de/spmshop/#
http://www.speedmaster2.de/spmshop/prod ... light.html

I'll see if I can figure out how to attach pictures of it (as jpeg files) to this post.

I'm interested in what you thought of the Speedmaster Flight (Chair) in terms of human factors / ergonomics, functionality, flexibility in adjustments, etc...

How did it fit into your Flight Sim environment?
Was it worth the Money?
Would you recommend it to other Flight Simmers?

Any feedback will be appreciated.
Thanx!

BVR,
Igor4U !

BVR,
Igor4U !
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:35 pm

Don't think anyone here has tried the Speedmaster. Panther owns the Obutto (both the old one and new; r3volution). She'll be able to better answer questions about it, and I think there's a discussion thread over at SimHQ as well...

From the looks, the Speedmaster appears to have good ergonomics. My concern (as with any setup) would be placement of the stick and having good support for your forearm whether mounted as as side-stick using a support brace for your elbow or mounted as a center-stick resting your forearm on your inner thigh.

A while back I posted my ergonomics suggestions for simmers here on the ED forums.
Thumper
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Thumper » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:15 am

The Speedmaster pit is linked on TM's website and also has a provision for a center stick mount that they actually make for the HOTAS Warthog. It looks like a decent rig to me but, of course, I've had no hands on experience with it.
Igor4U

Post by Igor4U » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:36 pm

Thanks Lawndart & Thumper!

Appreciate the great advice about ergonomic armrests - an excellent consideration for comfort and stamina.

I've actually asked about the Speedmaster Flight (Chair) on X-Plane.org and the FlightSimulatorNetwork.com Forums:

Negative Bogey Dope on either of those Channels.

I'm always keeping my eyes open for nice Flight Sim setups. Spent some time this AM at Staples evaluating Office Chairs for a starting point.
None had the Hand-grips Raise - Triggers Squeeze Option however!

Again - thanks for the Vector!

BVR
Igor4U !

PS: Great Link from Lawndart:
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1 ... stcount=24
BVR,
Igor4U !