HOTAS Warthog Curves for FC2

Discussions about Cockpits, Joysticks & Setups
Ells

HOTAS Warthog Curves for FC2

Post by Ells » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:21 pm

Could one of you guys kindly post up your FC2 curves for the HOTAS Warthog stick.

Thanks,
Ells
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:58 pm

X, Y and Z are set up as follows in TARGET only.

No curve or deadzone whatsoever in game.

Ells

Post by Ells » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:29 pm

Cool thanks LD

Edit >> I must be having a bad day with software as my FC2 just went belly up too and had to reinstall.

Can you point me in the right direction for TARGET 64-bit Windows 7 software as when I click the icon nothing happens at all.
Teej
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Teej » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:58 pm

Ells wrote:Cool thanks LD

Edit >> I must be having a bad day with software as my FC2 just went belly up too and had to reinstall.

Can you point me in the right direction for TARGET 64-bit Windows 7 software as when I click the icon nothing happens at all.
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/acc ... T_v1.0.exe
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:20 pm

The link Teej posted takes you directly to the latest official release of TARGET (v1.0), but this is where you'll find drivers, firmware, and new software:
Technical Support: Downloads and Updates
Ells

Post by Ells » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:06 pm

Thanks guys!
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:17 am

We're experimenting with slightly different curves at the moment... but the Zoom '0' / Curve: '4' is a good starting point.

Let us know how you like the Warthog. Everyone keeps talking about the throttle, but even the stick handle is of much higher quality than the very similar looking Cougar stick handle. Hands down the best HOTAS I've ever had (NIB), and it even outperforms most of the pricey mods for the Cougar. Case and point: My FSSB R2, HS+ throttle kit modded Cougar sits comfortably in its box in my closet collecting dust (figuratively speaking), while serving as a ~$800 backup joystick. :shock: 8)
Ells

Post by Ells » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:37 pm

Well both Ghost and I are flying with them now getting ready for the Weston event where we will fly live with them in front of 1000+ people :shock:

And it was our first full show practice with them tonight and I can't believe how much more stable we were than using our old sticks.
Of course getting used to the throttle and stick muscle memory will take a few practices but man we were soooooo smooth in turns, loops and rolls and can almost let go in level flight, hehe.

There are definitely two converts in our team and the other 7 wishing they had them too.

The only thing I noticed, for me with big hands, is that I hold the throttles too tightly and the buttons on the front dig into my fingers, but I have flight gloves arriving tomorrow so will sort that out. Ghost doesn't have this problem having smaller hands of course.

I have to say the craftmanship is second to none and the look and feel is just amazing.

Being an avid DCS: A-10C fan and now an ED Tester, I'll be putting them through their paces with A-10 that's for sure.

Overall marks out of 10 is way past 10 and off the scale, even compared to my old Cougar which I loved.

I haven't had a chance to play with the Target GUI yet but Ghost has and loves it.
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:24 am

What did you formerly fly with? If it starts with S and ends with "aitek" I will just say I'm not surprised you're seeing immediate gains from the switch. Anything is better.
Ells

Post by Ells » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:01 am

Haha Beaker, yeah most of us had "that" stick.
I did have a Cougar when I first started out 5 years ago, but managed to complety bust it making a home pit, which I eventually gave up on as the now ex-wife found a better use for the money.

Ghost says it feels like cheating using the Warthog as you don't have to fight with the stick to stay in posistion, I told her that's how it's supposed to feel, more like a real plane, haha.

Now to get the Hawk into DCS so we can use the buttons on the throttle quadrant to start her up. :wink:
Trigen

Post by Trigen » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:38 am

Bought a X52 Pro for the VRA and felt like throwing it in the garbage after 2 days...

Happily fly with the FSSB and can't wait for the Warthog, as great as the FSSB is it doesn't leave much wiggle room when directing your view off to the side. So quick to change pressure when not having visual.
Physicists makes me laugh, why?
Their highly intelligent minds has epic battles with the understanding and use of an overhead. (The same is true for mosts scientists).
There's nothing worse than a 5 min explanation to a yes or no question.
MOTO

Post by MOTO » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Hello guys,

Thank you very much for this Advise!

About my impression with TM-WH; 10.5 of 10 :wink:
An outstanding quality and performance (!) no stick on today's market "could" get close to this one.

I owned Cougar for 3 yrs; now got broken gimbal. So I switch to switch G940; had coz at that time TM-WH wasn't out on market. Soon after TM-WH out is owned one and sold my G940.

This TM-WH is the Best ever!

MOTO