Joystick Recommendations

Discussions about Cockpits, Joysticks & Setups
Teej
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Teej » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:28 pm

VSB-DoubleTake wrote:Sounds like you are on your way then and still lots of $ to invest in pedals. I have Saitek, but wouldn't buy them again. They feel cheap. They do get the job done tho. You might want to look at a set from CH.
I have CH. I can't say they're not well made but I really don't care much for them...but they were pretty much the only thing available at the time I bought.

Too close together with a strong centering "clunk".
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:41 pm

Teej wrote:I have CH. I can't say they're not well made but I really don't care much for them...but they were pretty much the only thing available at the time I bought.

Too close together with a strong centering "clunk".
I definitely don't like how close the pedals are to one another. I purchased the Simpeds for the Cougar and I feel in love with them. Sadly the Simpeds are not budget pedals but they are well designed and worth every penny.

The new Saitek pedals that are due out next year might be better but who knows. Hopefully I can test them out in a few weeks.
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:44 pm

Same thought... built like a brick house, but same complaints.
EagleReid

Post by EagleReid » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:09 am

Not only are those Simpeds hard to find, but you're right, they sure are not budget pedals! ;)

If you can understand my concern:
If the stick already has rudder capabilities (regardless of them being disabled so the rudders will work), it'll be a true headache when I bank the aircraft and the rudder control on the stick starts to turn making the turn a little challenging. Some of you have named some great pedals.

I guess that pretty much gets me good to go. Any final recommendations on what I should buy? Something that a flight simulation enthusiast enjoy?

Thanks!
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:05 pm

Most "twist-rudder" sticks have a way to lock the movement, and you can unassign the axis in the simulator as well.