Cougar Help - ANT ELEV Problem

Discussions about Cockpits, Joysticks & Setups
Cobra_XSI

Cougar Help - ANT ELEV Problem

Post by Cobra_XSI » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:03 am

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone could help me with my Cougar. My Cougar came new with the ANT Elev problem where the pot doesn't register any movement unless you pull the dial outwards. I have a new pot ready to go and am trying to install it but got stuck on a fairly important part!

How do I pull the round dial (the bit you actually turn) off the pot? It looks like it should just be pulled off the end but it doesn't seem to want to budge. I even tried prying it off with a fair amount of force but I am scared I will break the dial.

Any tips would be appreciated.

:)
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:30 pm

I thought there were instructions on http://cougar.flyfoxy.com/index.php but I must be blind as I can't find them.
Cobra_XSI

Post by Cobra_XSI » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:09 pm

There are instructions and pictures to fix the actual pot in the Ant Elev but I have a replacement pot so I can kinda skip the nitty gritty.

All I really need to know is how to pull the dial (knob) off the end of the pot LOL. I'm assuming it is obviously easy otherwise someone would have posted how, but for all my pulling it doesnt want to budge.

Thanks for the fast reply either way.

:)
Cobra_XSI

Post by Cobra_XSI » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:39 pm

Quick update and FYI for anyone else trying to do this:

It was as I thought... just a matter of pulling it off. The trick was they put a heap of quite strong glue on the pot spindle and into the dial so it was stuck on really well.

Unfortunately the way I got it off was to literally rip the dial out with the spindle still attached which destroyed the old pot. This didn't bother me as the whole point was to replace the pot, but if you need the pot then this method isn't for you!

Once out I just got some heat onto the spindle to loosen up the glue and out came the spindle from the dial (with some mild persuasion).

New pot is in the throttle and I'm about to test it out! Fingers crossed.