Saitek's Response to Logitech G940: The X-65

Discussions about Cockpits, Joysticks & Setups
Blaze

Saitek's Response to Logitech G940: The X-65

Post by Blaze » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:28 pm

Now this is a neat-looking HOTAS! In response to the Logitech G940 FFB HOTAS with split throttles, Saitek has already begun developing their own similar HOTAS setup, which in my opinion looks much better than the Logitech one! Built with the same quality as other Saitek sticks, it has the usual Hall-Sensors and sports an all-metal construction. Release date is said to be December 2009.

Translated from Chinese so bare with it lol - wrote:The pure metal strength back coupling X65F rocking bar estimated that in December goes on the market Post the By:2009-6-29 17:49: 03

It is estimated that in December issues the pure metal strength back coupling X65F flight controller.
The X65F flight controller has used the entire Hall's magnetic induction potentiometer, is in the flight rocking bar top product, the rocking bar and the throttle valve simultaneously has the unique strength induction to install the system as well as the double throttle valve control, may edit 608 pressed keys, is throughout history the function most PC flight rocking bar. All metallic construction is the authenticity and durable ultimate realizes the way. The unique strength induction rocking bar, all input signal is decided completely by you the strength which exerts to the rocking bar, or the F - 22 fighter aircrafts is the same on likelihood F - 16. The rocking bar has the strength induction characteristic lies in: He will adjust and demonstrates each direction separately through the rocking bar induction installment the displacement. May also aim at the XY axis different direction the different dynamics careful adjustment. Simultaneously increased the extension expansion design, for instance may join the match titanium guest's aircraft instrument.
This model of product estimate selling price about 5000 Yuan.

Explains the inside several special places:
1st, first this time strength back coupling is induces the mechanism, is higher than the former strength back coupling far. For instance accelerator, if you used the mouse to move in game's accelerator, then on your X65F accelerator along with will also move, he was the interaction. Is also the so-called linkage. This is in the present flight controller's origination.

2nd, some people ask my this dynamics to be able not to adapt very greatly. I said like this to you that he is the strength back coupling, therefore dynamics is completely defines. You may let his spot not have dynamics, may also let he very great dynamics. Moreover he also changed the former strength back coupling size adjustment is the adjustment unified size. But this time is you may aim at all around four direction establishment different dynamics, before for instance the establishment, pushes 10 dynamics, latter pulls 15 dynamics, left pressure 8 dynamics, right pressure 10 dynamics. Moreover you may also establish three sets of such dynamics to save in advance, when momentarily you replace the airplane, you thought when needs to trade one kind of other dynamics, so long as moves the knob switch then.

3rd, this funds' product has provided rich external connection matching, may product mixes and so on aircraft instrument which goes on the market with the present match titanium guest, and provided has matched the support related.

Why actually does the match titanium guest leave the metal the product, actually the match titanium guest had already replaced the product mentality, is similar to the commercial aviation pole is the same, match titanium guest this model of product for the ultimate product, the match titanium guest hoped that the user can unfailing use it, is not uses several years to trade other equipment, but is hopes you through the unceasing promotion perfect equipment. That is the match titanium guest in its peripheral many equipment, will be similar to the commercial aviation equipment is the same, measuring appliance, flight kneading board and so on, will realize a hypothesized cabin's environment finally. About face buys a new equipment, old equipment on useless aspect.
Design is all about finding solutions within constraints.
Cobra
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Cobra » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:56 pm

LOL I think we need an English translation of the English translation!!

That is a horny looking stick though. 5000 yuan is around $725.00 USD at the moment, so not a stick for the casual flight simmer!
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:27 am

I know what my new stick will look like :D

This X65 must be really good!
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:30 am

And what about combining a FF stick with the But Kicker? 8)
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:30 pm

Looks interesting for sure. I'm not a huge fan of the "cyber" modern design (especially on the throttle) but the construction sounds like high quality. Hopefully the stick motion will be better than other Saitek sticks have been.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:41 pm

Cobra wrote:5000 yuan is around $725.00 USD at the moment, so not a stick for the casual flight simmer!
For real? I have no educated opinion of this joystick, but for that amount of money I'd rather buy a HOTAS Cougar modified with a FSSB, throttle Hall Sensor and metal switch casings/screws (~$800).
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:11 pm

But if it's a high quality FF stick? We have no sensations of G's & turbulence.
Teej
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Teej » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Yeah. I find it a bit unusual (and perhaps unnerving!) that they'll push the throttle around. Hah.
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:11 pm

The problem with Saiteks is and has always been their movement. They don't seem to understand how flight controls are supposed to be designed... Linear tension beginning with the lightest forces at center, becoming stronger towards the ends of the axes. The stick should center well and upright, but there should be no "sticky" point at center... barely noticeable in fact.

Saitek uses this goofy "spring and plate" design to produce tension. It has a huge sticky point at the center, and INVERSE tension: more tension at the center of motion than at the edges. :?
Last edited by Beaker on Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:24 pm

The centering force is indeed very light, though what you subscribe about linear increasing tension is exactly what Saitek did. And I don't have this "sticky" point at center at all.

Eighter way, everyone has their preferences :wink:

Who knows what this X-65 will bring... can't wait to test!
Cobra

Force sensing without a mod.

Post by Cobra » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:23 pm

http://x65f.gameshark.com/

Looks like the Cougar has company.
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:03 pm

I actually was hoping for a high quality force feedback stick and not a force sensing stick. Force sensing is of course very good when you fly the F-16 or other jets which have a similar system, though I fly more than only that. With BS I would really love to have a stick which works like the real trim system does, and with "normal" jets like the Su and Mig I want to feel turbulence and such. What would be really awesome if they make a force feedback stick which can also be configured as a force sensing stick... how cool would that be!!!
STRIKER

Post by STRIKER » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:20 pm

Call me old school, but there can only be one!
One big red button: Cause I'm so badass I don't need anything else! ;)
Burner

Post by Burner » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:42 am

Looks kind of like a futuristic set of Russian controls. I can dig it. I'm curious to try out these new generation Hall Sensor/FF sticks coming out.
StarScream

Post by StarScream » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:08 am

Cobra wrote:LOL I think we need an English translation of the English translation!!

That is a horny looking stick though. 5000 yuan is around $725.00 USD at the moment, so not a stick for the casual flight simmer!
Actually...

1.00 JPY=0.0110696 USD

So...

5000 Yen is only 55.35 USD

But remember when it hits the retail stores here expect it to be closer to 120+ USD.