A Newbie trying to Program his Kitty & Needs Help

Discussions about Cockpits, Joysticks & Setups
Turkanator

A Newbie trying to Program his Kitty & Needs Help

Post by Turkanator » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:28 am

While I'm waiting for my copy of LOMAC, I thought I would dust off my old copy of Falcon 4.0 Allied Force (updated to the latest Patch 1.13 I believe). I found Jagstang’s zip file for Falcon 4.0 Allied Force v1.03 & the Cougar v2.

I'm basically setting up the game up to just to use the stick, but I can't get the Hat 1 (views) and the Hat 4 (thrust controls) to work at all. I tried looking at Cougar World but I couldn’t find any help.

The views have some weird code like for the view up is DX 11 and thrust increase is the "=" key.

Could someone please point me in the right direction?
Redeye
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Redeye » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:16 am

Make sure you're using the right Keystroke file for Jag's Foxy profile. It should be in the zip I would think?
The keystroke file goes in C:\Microprose\Falcon4\config folder.

Open the game and load the keystroke file under setup/controllers.

Note:
Hat 1 = views, but hat 4 is not thrust?
Look in your docs folder for the Dash34.pdf
It has all the functions listed for the cougar buttons/hats.

Also, see our Mother of all stickies for Cougar links.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Re: A Newbie trying to Program his Kitty & Needs Help

Post by Lawndart » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:52 pm

Turkanator wrote:The views have some weird code like for the view up is DX 11 and thrust increase is the "=" key.
If you need to dable in Foxy your best resource is the Frugal's World forum (Cougar World). Obviously, reading the tutorials, examples and help directly in the Foxy software itself is of great help (and advice), short of opening up the manual that came with your Cougar. Many profiles have "code" rather than simply letting the button accomplish one task, and/or some programmers have their ways of programming maybe electing to leave code for an easy task, rather than disrupt the method to their own madness. DX stands for DirectX input in Foxy, so DX 11 would be used as DirectX input #11 (i.e. joystick button #11).

For more info or help I'd seriously recommend the Frugal's World forums when it comes to programming the Kitty! 8)