Got my new Kitty, I’m Totally Lost here & more

Discussions about Cockpits, Joysticks & Setups
Turkanator

Got my new Kitty, I’m Totally Lost here & more

Post by Turkanator » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:19 pm

Like a new kitty owner should, I headed over to Cougar World to read up on the prefer method of installing the software. The article said not to use the CD that came with Kitty and use to the latest software off of the site. That article was written in 2005, but it also said that the newer owers should use the CD that came your Kitty,

The CD version that came with my Kitty is 4.HCO.2007.

What should I do?

Also what are the differences between…

Falcon 4.0, Free Falcon 5.0, and LockOn: Modern Air Combat/Lock On: Flaming Cliffs.

Which one should I get?

Thanks,
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Re: Got my new Kitty, I’m Totally Lost here & more

Post by Lawndart » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:55 am

Turkanator wrote:The article said not to use the CD that came with Kitty and use to the latest software off of the site. That article was written in 2005, but it also said that the newer owers should use the CD that came your Kitty,

The CD version that came with my Kitty is 4.HCO.2007.

What should I do?
Use whichever version is the newest!
Turkanator wrote:Also what are the differences between…

Falcon 4.0, Free Falcon 5.0, and LockOn: Modern Air Combat/Lock On: Flaming Cliffs.

Which one should I get?
They are all different sims. First off, Lock On and Falcon are completely different sims (!) by completely different developers, so use whichever suits your liking. (Most people here use Lock On). Secondly, there are several versions that have spawned from F4, and AFAIK most Falcon guys & gals use F4:AF, Open Falcon and/or Free Falcon. No one really uses the crude base version of Falcon 4.0 anymore...

Check our sub-forums for more info on each sim.