Sim Meters HUD Unit

Discussions about Cockpits, Joysticks & Setups
Blaze

Sim Meters HUD Unit

Post by Blaze » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:44 am

Now this would be a sweet addition to any viper pit, and it's Lock-On compatible! At 860 Euros though, it's not really worth it. :roll: But hey, we can dream!
Sim Meters wrote:The SimMeters Head Up Display unit is designed from early versions and a lot of work
to make a high performance simulation unit display.

Based on technology used in real HUD's applied to simulation environment

Made all of high quality aluminium and black paint.

Standard or Custom design of front panel with all customer requirements.

Include Bright Power and iBoard for control functions.

20 Degrees of field of view, and range of 500mm up to 2mts for visual requirements.

The HUD System includes;
· SimMeters HEAD UP DISPLAY
· MIL Conector, Cables and 12V Regulated Power Supply.
· iBOARD and Basic PANEL
· Symbology software Update Subscription FREE !
Sim Meters HUD Unit

Design is all about finding solutions within constraints.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:44 am

Gunner... :!: :?: :D

Nice find Anthony! Really cool how it integrates with LockOn, but how does it work with the view behind the HUD itself? Would be nice if you could position the HUD in front of a large LCD/projector screen with greater FOV than 20 degrees.
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:13 am

Cool, maybe I will get one when I win the lottery :shock:
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:23 am

Lawndart wrote:Gunner... :!: :?: :D
Sorry...I'm a LONG ways from spending $1,500 on a HUD. Did you notice from the video that the velocity vector is reversed? :roll:
The other thing to think about is having the HUD in your view no matter where you are looking in the Sim. When line abreast, it would be like having the MINI HUD turned on - yuk. For me, the only point in having an actual HUD sitting in front of my monitor or projector screen, would be someday when we are flying a sim that supports multiple views and I can have an actual wrap around view so I turn my head where I'm actually looking in the sim. That is the very reason I haven't added the forward Instrument panel/ICP/HUD frame in my pit - my world is Boss's missile rail, & it wouldn't seem right to have an instrument panel in front of me when I'm virtually looking over my right shoulder. The video looks way cool, but notice he never looks right or left...anyone fly that way? :wink:
Someday if Fighter OPS ever comes together... Image