HS1™ Throttle Kit

Discussions about Cockpits, Joysticks & Setups
Redeye
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Redeye » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:55 pm

I hope you got the throttle anti-frition fix for $10. Along with the hall sensor, this is what makes the throttle move smooth with no binding/sticking when you initially move the throttle. 8)
Whack
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Whack » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:05 pm

I did get the anti-static kit....sound like that's the only way to go. I hope to have it installed by this evening!
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:46 am

I'm aware I already posted some first impressions of the HS1™ Throttle Kit and Anti-Static Friction Fix a while back, but not until just now did I realize how precise this mod actually is (after having test flown someone else's HOTAS :shock: ). For any serious pit builder or aerobatic pilot, I'd highly suggest this mod right up there along with other more expensive mods designed for the HOTAS Cougar.

It's all about control and the Hall Sensor gives you absolute throttle precision, while the Friction tape lets you eat turkey sandwiches in the Delta Roll! ;)
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:08 pm

Redeye wrote: BTW, I'm thinking of ordering another kit for my second throttle. :wink:
I did that this week. ;)
Redeye
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Redeye » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:50 pm

When I flew the show last night all I wanted was to concentrate on my throttle. Not only matching speed with the boss but the momentum of his jet. With the HS1 Kit I have control of each percentage in the Foxy analyser. Stock pots get anywhere from 1-4% which means you could be searching for a slight power up to regain position, but the pot didn't register anything. Another shot of power and it's jumped to 3-4% pushing me passed the Boss' setting. :roll: BTW the second shot of power is already too late and now I'm in the search mode working the throttle to find the sweet spot again. As you know, this matching speed problem will repeat every few seconds during the flight.

Burner, Rock and Gunner, end the frustration and get the HS1 Kit with the anti friction fix (slippery tape). It cost me $90 Canadian. Now that I know and experinced the kit, I would have paid twice that amount!
Redeye
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Redeye » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:03 pm

FYI
Cubby has recieved my order but I'm still waiting for the send payment email.
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:50 am

Panther wrote:
Redeye wrote: BTW, I'm thinking of ordering another kit for my second throttle. :wink:
I did that this week. ;)
2nd kit ready for shipping. Red, I would assume that yours is close to being finished if not finished.
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:55 am

Thanks for the heads up Panther! Mine is on the way.
Redeye
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Redeye » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:57 pm

Great news Panther and Gunner.

Still waiting for the send payment email for Boss's kit :cry: